It doesn’t matter whether you have been using QuickBooks accounting software for decades or have started your business operations with it just now. If you are a QuickBooks software user, you must have heard about QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Also, in one or the other way, you may have used this tool for your daily tasks and related work. Many QuickBooks users have found errors with this tool and raised queries as to why QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer. Well, if you are also facing this error, you are not alone. Because of some technical issues and glitches, such errors occur.
In this blog post, we have come up with the possible reasons why this error occurs and their reliable solutions to fix the issue of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer. Continue reading!
The inability to fix the QBDBMgrN error may cause permanent damage to your integral QuickBooks company files. Therefore, it’s recommended to take the professional help available at 1.855.738.2784. In case you face more issues, reach out to us immediately.
Root Causes Why Is QBDBMgrN Not Working On This Computer
Users may face this QBDBMgrN error while accessing QuickBooks due o the following possible reasons:
- When the Windows Firewall is not allowing QuickBooks software access to the Internet
- The error may interrupt you with inaccurately configured Windows Firewall security settings.
- The outdated QuickBooks Database Server Manager service also promotes the QBDBMgrN error.
- If you install the QuickBooks database server manager incorrectly
- The third-party Firewall can also invite the error as it doesn’t allow QuickBooks to access the server.
- The damaged Network Data (.ND) file also hampers the running of the QuickBooks database server manager on your computer.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001
How To Fix QBDBMgrN Error On Your Computer?
Troubleshooting Solution 1 – By Updating Windows Firewall
When you fail to update your windows Firewall, the QBDBMgrN error occurs on your computer. That’s why get your hands on the below-given steps to update your Windows Firewall settings.
- Press Windows + R keys on the Keyboard to launch the Run Window and type Control Panel in the Run Window, followed by clicking on Enter.
- Now, select and click on the System and Security option. After this, head toward the Windows Firewall, locate the Check for Updates option and click on it.
- Click on the Update Now option if any update is needed. By updating the Windows Firewall, restart your computer.
- Now, open your QuickBooks account and check whether the error gets resolved or not. If not, move ahead with another troubleshooting solution.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Restart The QBDBMgrN
Make sure that your QuickBooks database manager service is not disabled while performing this error-fixing method.
- Open the Run Window by pressing the Windows + R keys of your Keyboard and enter services.msc in the Run box.
- Press Enter and keep scrolling down to check for the service named QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB27, or QuickBooksDB28.
- Lastly, choose the exact service you need to be followed by clicking on the Restart option. After restarting the QBDBMgrN, check whether the error is still there or not.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Repair The Current QuickBooks Desktop Version
- Open the Run Window and type appwiz.cpl in the Run Window box, click on appwiz.cpl, and press Enter.
- After you get it, give a double-click on the QuickBooks icon and then select to click on uninstall.
- Now, you have to follow the chronological order for these actions as described; Continue>>Next>>Repair>>Next.
- You have to wait till the process gets finished and restart your system.
Reach Out To Us Today!
The above-given solutions are there to fix your issues with QBDBMgrN not running on this computer. If you are unable to solve the problem on your own, get in touch with us today! Call us at 1.855.738.2784 and let us know what glitches and errors are triggering this error.
Recommeneded To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904