Vegetables and fruits are known for being an integral part of balanced diets. However, most modern-day parents face difficulty when increasing their kid’s variety of vegetable and fruit intake. Kids usually are reluctant to consume vegetables and fruits because they are unaware of their texture, taste, and appearance. This reluctance must never stop parents from trying.
Below are a few tricks you can implement to help your kids enjoy eating fruits and vegetables. Please check them out right now.
The experts selling high-quality fruit and vegetable cutter ask parents to shop from a farmer’s market with zero processed temptations. When in the farmer’s market, you can:
- Allow your child to choose fresh vegetables and fruits they would want to try.
- Teach them how to guess which fruits are ripe. This will increase the child’s physical contact with food.
- Convert shopping into a game. For instance – who can find red foods?
Playing with food? You must think it is a crazy idea. But play can be an effective strategy to escalate your kid’s familiarity with foods. Some ways you may include play into fruits and vegetables are as follows:
- Find pictures of vegetables and fruits. Kids can cut out, color, draw, or stick.
- Use play dough to make vegetables and fruits.
- Use real vegetables and fruits too. For example, you can use dried peas or potato slices when painting to create three-dimensional effects.
- Introduce fruits and vegetables into your kid’s favorite game. Ask your kid to serve a fruit when he/she is having a tea party with dolls or arranging a stuffed bear’s picnic.
Growing food connects kids with the place their food comes from and increases their urge to try new foods. It is also a great way to spend time outside. If you are planning on growing vegetables and fruits, please keep in mind the following:
- Start small with growing herbs and a few pots.
- Buy a packet of seeds and ask your child to take care of them. Kids would love eating something they grew themselves.
- Grow cherry tomatoes as they are resilient and give abundant fruits. They can entice a kid’s appetite by looking appealing and tasting sweet.
Prep and Cook
Involving kids in food preparation is an excellent way to get them habituated to seeing and handling various foods in various states – raw or cooked. The parents can:
- Let the kids pick ingredients for their meals.
- Motivate the kids to wash vegetables and fruits.
- Ask the kids to tear lettuce leaves or peel garlic cloves.
- Allow the kids to try foods in several states. Your little one may dislike raw carrots but love them when cooked.
The sense of accomplishment and pride from preparing a meal can encourage kids to be creative.
The experts providing the best fruit and vegetable cutter said the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in fruits and vegetables ensure a kid’s healthy growth. They also offer protection against different diseases. If you have a fussy eater, you must try the above tips without hesitation. Do not stop trying because your kid throws tantrums when served fruits and vegetables.