The state government of Uttar Pradesh conducts the statewide aptitude test for teachers, the Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test (UPTET), under its supervision. The examination is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Exam Regulatory Authority
The purpose of the exam is to find standardized and uniformly qualified teachers. In addition, taking the UPTET exam also allows individuals to improve their employability skills. Candidates who pass the UPTET exam are often given preference in the hiring of teachers in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
The main advantage of the UPTET exam is that it ensures that only qualified and competent candidates become teachers in Uttar Pradesh. By taking the UPTET exam, candidates can be assured that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to teach children effectively. Thus, taking the UPTET exam increases the chances of becoming a teacher in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
|Table of Content
1. What is UPTET?
2. Eligibility criteria for UPTET.
3. Syllabus of UPTET and exam pattern.
4. 8 top websites for UPTET preparation.
7. Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the UPTET Exam?
The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, or UPTET, is a competitive examination held annually to determine who is eligible to become a teacher in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The examination is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board. To be eligible to take the UPTET, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent. Candidates must also have completed a minimum of two years of teaching experience in a recognized school.
8 top websites for UPTET
Preparation is key when it comes to an exam, and the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is no different. To help you prepare for the UPTET- All you need to know about it, we’ve compiled a list of 8 websites that offer extensive preparation resources.
- Physic wallah: All are aware of how comprehensively physics wallah guides its students for various competitive exams. Providing them with the best guidance through mentors, and study materials are their main focus. Live classes and doubt sessions are never skipped. A series of tests for practicing so that one is well versed with the exam pattern makes it the best for guiding the students through UPTET.
- Avision.com: Avison classes provide students with prime membership. They give live sessions with the best of faculties. Doubt-clearing sessions and mock tests are a part of their course that helps the students prepare well for the exam. They prepare the students thoroughly with previous years’ question papers and focus on strengthening each concept.
- Byjus: Byjus is one of those sites that provides detailed information and preparation for the UPTET exam. Complete course material with regular practice test papers is provided to the students so that they can understand the concepts from the root level. They recommend the best books from the best authors required to prepare for the exam.
- Sikhsha.com: India’s leading educational portal, Shiksha offers UPTET preparation resources including mock tests, previous year question papers, and study material.Shiksha.com is a one-stop shop for all your education-related needs. They have a dedicated section for UPTET, which includes the latest news and updates, and a forum where you can interact with other aspirants. They also have a wide range of mock tests and practice papers that you can use to hone your skills.
- Career360.com: This site is another boon to crack UPTET. It follows the concept of plan practice and progress. This site helps you in preparing notes and provides you with the choicest of books and materials that can help you in clearing UPTET.
- Jagranjosh: Another leading educational portal, Jagranjosh also offers extensive UPTET preparation resources like mock tests, sample papers, and study material. Jagranjosh is a leading education portal that offers extensive coverage of the UPTET. They have a dedicated section for UPTET news and updates and a range of mock tests and practice papers. Their forum is also great for interacting with other aspirants and clearing doubts.
- uttarpradesh.indiaresults.com:UP TET’s official website is an excellent resource for aspirants as it offers the latest news and updates on the exam. This website is an excellent resource for all the latest news and updates pertaining to UPTET. They also have a wide range of mock tests and practice papers that you can use to prepare for the exam.
- IndiaJoining.com: This website offers a comprehensive guide to the UPTET, including important dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, and examination pattern. They also have a dedicated section for UPTET mock tests and practice papers, which will come in handy for your preparation.
Eligibility criteria for UPTET
The UPTET is held in two parts – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for candidates who wish to become teachers of classes I to V, while Paper II is for candidates who want to become teachers of classes VI to VIII. Candidates who successfully pass the UPTET will be issued a certificate of eligibility, which will be valid for a period of five years. Students can check the Eligibility Criteria for UPTET 2023 from here.
Eligibility criteria for Paper 1
- The applicant must have passed class 12 or an equivalent exam with at least 50% of the possible points. The candidate should have completed or be in the last year of a 2-year elementary education diploma/ 4-year bachelor’s degree program.
- A minimum age of 18 or older is required.
- There is no maximum age to apply for UPTET.
- A candidate can apply as often as desired if they pass the UPTET.
Eligibility criteria for Paper 2
- The applicant must have cleared class 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks. The candidate should have passed or must be in the final year of a 2-year Diploma of Elementary Education course/4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education course.
- Must have passed graduation with 45% marks.
- If the applicant has a post-graduate degree and is qualified, they must have received at least a 55%.
- Must be a minimum or above 18 years of age.
- There’s no upper age limit for applying for UPTET.
- An applicant can apply as often as he/she wants to get a good score and clear UPTET.
The eligibility criteria remain the same for the reserved sections and there is no specific number of seats reserved for them as well. However, the cutoff scores are relaxed by 5% for candidates in the reserved category.
What is the passing score for the UPTET Exam?
The UPTET or Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is an entrance examination conducted by the Uttar Pradesh government for those who wish to become teachers in government schools in the state.
The examination is conducted in two parts – Paper 1 for those who wish to become teachers for classes 1 to 5 and Paper 2 for those who wish to become teachers for classes 6 to 8. The passing score for the UPTET Exam is 60% for General category candidates and 55% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
Qualifying for the UPTET exam is one of the most important tasks for any eligible teacher who wants to seek a place in government schools. With the list of websites given in the article and with the kind of preparation and courses they provide one is sure to clear the exam and get oneself posted in the government cadre teachership post. The only thing one needs to focus is on choosing the most appropriate site for one’s preparation.
Read more:- Physics Wallah Courses Useful For JEE Exam
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q1. When should I start Preparing for UPTET?
Ans:- One should start preparing for UPTET at least 6 months before the exam.
Q2. What should be my first step toward preparing for UPTET?
Ans:- Knowing the syllabus thoroughly along with the exam pattern should be your first step of preparation.
Q3. How many attempts are there in UPTET?
Ans:- There is no limit on how many attempts one can try for but the age limit should be between 18-35 years.
Q4. What is a good score in UPTET?
Ans:- A minimum, of 90/150 marks obtained allows the candidate to clear the exam hence a good and desirable score.