If you’re thinking of visiting Mongolia, this blog article will help you out with some of the best places to visit. Find out what to see in the country and discover a list of suggested itineraries for your trip.
What to see in Mongolia
Since Mongolia is a vast country, with so much to offer tourists, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to what to see. However, some of the top sights that visitors should consider include:
1. The Gobi Desert – This vast and inhospitable desert is well worth a visit if you’re looking for an epic landscape to photograph or just a place to get lost in.
2. Lake Khovd – This beautiful body of water is home to many golden sand beaches and stunning mountain ranges.
3. The Erdenet Monastery – This sprawling monastery is one of the most impressive sights in Mongolia and easily rivals any famous temple in Asia.
4. The Gantelau Mountain Ranges – These dramatic mountains are perfect for hiking and offer stunning views from every peak.
5. The Khan Tengri (Mt. Burkhan Khaldun) National Park – This protected park contains some of the highest peaks in Mongolia and offers stunning scenery throughout the year.
As with any travel destination, it is always important to take the time to do your research in order to stay safe while in Mongolia. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
• Always use common sense when traveling in rural areas. Stay away from cliffs and ravines, and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• Be aware of your surroundings when hiking or camping in remote areas. Be prepared to handle emergencies, and carry adequate supplies in case of a problem.
• Avoid drinking alcohol or taking drugs while in Mongolia – both can be dangerous combinations.
• always contact local authorities if you have any concerns about your safety or that of someone else. They will be able to provide additional advice and assistance.
How is the Culture Different?
The Mongolian culture is quite different from Western cultures. For example, in Mongolia it is customary to give gifts to people you meet, such as cigarettes or drinks. This differs from the United States, where people generally do not give gifts to others. In addition, Mongolians are very passionate about their livestock and their animals are usually treated very well. This contrasts with the United States, where many people believe that animals should not be kept as pets and they are often forced to live in horrid conditions.
What are Some Interesting Facts and Places to Visit?
If you’re planning a trip to Mongolia, don’t forget to check out the following attractions:
1. Gandan Monastery – This Buddhist temple is located in the Gandan Mountains, and is an amazing sight. The monastery features beautiful architecture and lush green gardens.
2. Khovd Province – This province is home to some of Mongolia’s most impressive landscapes, including the Khovd National Park. The park is filled with beautiful lakes and mountains, and you can explore it by hiking or horseback riding.
3. Tsagaan Els National Park – This park is located in the Gobi Desert, and features sand dunes, desert plants, and yurts made from animal skins. It’s an incredible place to see wildlife, including horses, camels, and ibexes.
4. Erdenet Monastery – This monastery is located in the Erdenet Valley, and features beautiful architecture and a tranquil setting. It’s also home to a famous hot mineral spring that has healing properties.
Mongolia is a land of vast open spaces and stunningly beautiful landscapes. Explore the Gobi desert, the Khangai mountain range, and the grasslands of Erdenet in this Adventure Guide to things to see in Mongolia. From peaceful Buddhist monasteries to ancient burial mounds, discover everything you need to know about this extraordinary country before your trip.