MBOX files is a widely used email mailbox format used by multiple email clients to store users’ email databases in plain-text format. Some popular email clients creating MBOX files locally are MAC Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Entourage, Pocomail, Spiceworks, etc. Sometimes we need to import MBOX file into Office 365.
Due to the rise of the cloud, most businesses and end-users are migrating away from desktop-based email clients. Office 365 is a top-class cloud base service enabling users to access data anywhere and anytime. Moreover, it increases database security, offers multiple features, and has no chances of data loss.
If you want to transfer emails from MBOX file to your Office 365 account, you’re visiting the right place. In this article, I will target all tricks by which users can easily import MBOX files into Office 365.
Method to Import MBOX File into Office 365 Manully
Using two techniques, users can upload MBOX files into the Exchange Online account. Let’s start to discuss both scenario step by Step;
Section 1: Manual Method for MBOX into Office 365 Migration
Convert MBOX to PST File format
To import MBOX file to Office 365, you need to first convert MBOX file to PST format, after that you can upload PST file to O365.
This whole process consists of several steps, so follow them one by one successfully.
There are two ways to convert MBOX to PST file, one is manual and the other way is with the help of third party tools. The manual way is a bit lengthy and tedious. While, you can use a third-party MBOX to PST converter tool to deliver fast and accurate results.
Manual way to convert MBOX file into PST file
STEP 1. Enable IMAP protocol in Gmail
STEP 2. Setup Gmail account to Thunderbird Account
STEP 3. Drag Emails into the New folder
STEP 4. Create Gmail app password again for Gmail to Outlook configuration
STEP 5. Export Outlook PST file
- Click on File tab, then click on Import/export menu
- Select Export to a file, then click
- After that, click on the Personal Folder File(.pst).
- Select the folder and click Next.
- Navigate the location where you want to save the pst file >> click on the Finish button
There are more manual method to convert MBOX to PST manually. To know more methods – link
Convert Mbox into PST file with the help of the converter tool
For the hassle-free result, use MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter to Export MBOX file to Outlook PST in a single go. The tool affects all email clients equally, and maintains their folder hierarchy including Thunderbird and Apple Mail. MBOX to PST program generates the preview of loaded files, and a bulk process can convert all mailboxes simultaneously. The tool is programmed in such a way that it can migrate entire mailboxes to Outlook and preserve the folder structure.
Section 2: Manully Upload MBOX file to Office 365 after exporting PST file from Outlook
To upload PST file to Office 365, you must be aware of Microsoft Azure Az. Microsoft Azure is a command base application so you must have thorough expertise in it if not then read about it then follow the steps.
- Open the Exchange online on your computer.
- And then click Admin; after that, select Exchange.
- After that, select the Classic admin centre and press the Permission option.
- Now open Organization Management.
- Click on Mailbox Import Export.
- Choose the member for which you want to create an import-export session.
- After that, click on the save button.
Upload PST with the help of Azure AZ
- (https://protection.office.com) Open the link and select Office 365security & compliance.
- Click on Data lifecycle management>> choose Import >> click on Import PST Files.
- Now click the new Import job, select upload pst data, and hit the next button.
- When you click on the Next button, a new window will appear. After that, click the show SAS URL, copy the SAAS URL, and save it.
- After that, install AureAz on your computer and open it.
- Type the given below command in AzureAz.
AzCopy.exe/Source:” \\Give PST File Network share Path”/ Dest: “Paste SAS URL” /V: “give the location to save log file\log”/Y
- Here three sentences are bold, which means:
Give PST file network path:- that folder network location where you save the PST file.
Paste SAS URL:- The URL you copied from Office 365.
Give the location to save the log file:– that folder network location where you want to save a log file.
- Then enable both options, which are given below.
- Now create a mapping file in .csv format and click on +select mapping file. Then click on validate.
- Now the import job has been done. You can see by doing a refresh.
- Click on the import Office 365button. >> choose “No I want to Import everything”>> and press the Next button.
- You can see how much data in pst format will upload into O365.
Import MBOX files into OWA365 with the help of a Third-party tool
You want to transfer emails from MBOX file to Office 365 email account, then install MailsDaddy MBOX to Office 365 migrate tool to your PC. This windows-based utility helps you to import MBOX to Office 365 in batch. You can also migrate MBOX to PST format using the solution.
Steps to import the MBOX file to Office 365 using MailDaddy MBOX to Office 365 Software
- Download the MailsDaddy MBOX to Office 365 migrator.
- Run this Software and click on the Browse button
- Click ADD MBOX files(browse file) >> click Next button.
- After that, select the folder that you want to migrate into o365 >> Click on Export button.
- A new window will appear, Select the Office 365 option and Choose Primary, Archive or Shared mailbox >> Next.
- Type the Office 365 credential like Tenant ID, Client id, Client Secret (Value), and User ID
- Now hit the Sign in button to start the process.
Advantages of using MBOX to Office 365 Migration tool
- Users can easily transfer MBOX files to Office 365 account with the help of third-party tools.
- Easy to use for all technical and non-technical users.
- Users can also filter and migrate emails with the help of the MailsDaddy tool.
- This tool is a stand-alone application that does not require an email client application to upload the MBOX file to the office 365 account.
- With the help of this tool, users can also directly move Thunderbird & Apple Mail to Office365.
Here, I have described the methods to upload MBOX file to Office 365 account. There are two methods in this article, the first way is manual, which is absolutely free, but for this you will need technical knowledge. The second way is straightforward, in which you can migrate MBOX file to Office 365 with the help of a third-party tool. Hope you can convert MBOX to Office 365 with the help of these methods.