QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting software and, like any other software, is also prone to errors. QuickBooks error 1603 occurs in the system while installing or updating the QB application. When background applications are running while updating QuickBooks, the QuickBooks installation error 1603 can arise. In this blog, we will discuss the error code in detail, along with the reasons and solutions to address it reliably.
If you are having difficulty in understanding the steps or resolving the issue, you can get help from our support team by calling us at 1.855.738.2784.
What are the Reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 1603?
The most common reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop error 1603 are –
- The QuickBooks installer is not running correctly, or it might be corrupted or damaged.
- The QB installation file on Windows has not been installed entirely and is triggering the error.
- You have recently installed Creator update on your windows, and that might be the reason behind the 1603 error.
- The security policies of windows can also cause obstruction while installing QuickBooks updates and restrict them.
Recommended to read – Convert QuickBooks Desktop To Online
Solutions to Reliably Resolve the QuickBooks Error Message 1603
Some of the effective solutions to recover QuickBooks from Error 1603 are mentioned below –
Solution 1: Update Microsoft Windows Features and Components to the Latest Available Version
The QB error code 1603 can be eliminated by updating Windows to the latest version.
- Click on the Windows key + R on your keyboard for the Run window and move on to the next step.
- Inside the text box of the Run Window, enter Control Panel and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Under Control Panel, search Windows Update from the search bar at the top and move to the next step.
- Hit Windows Update, and from the left side panel, hit Check for Updates.
- After the windows search for updates, hit install now and move to the next step.
- After downloading all the updates, start your computer and download or update QB again.
Must read – QuickBooks DataBase Server Manager Stopped
Solution 2: Change Windows Security Settings Manually from the Run Window
Following are the steps to manually change the windows security settings:
- Start by signing on to your system as an administrator by right-clicking the QB icon and selecting the Run as Admin option.
- Now hit Windows + R to get the Run dialogue box and enter the gpedit.msc command in the box.
- Now, reconfigure Windows settings by following this path: Components>Windows Installer> Prohibit User Installs and double-click the policy to select the Not Configured option.
- Hit OK and try to download QB again to see if the error code 1603 is rectified.
QuickBooks error 1603 can be solved efficiently by following the steps given in this article. Perform the steps provided above and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get quick assistance from our technical support team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 6000 77