QuickBooks is a top-notch bookkeeping software that allows businesses to automate many financial tasks that are required for business, such as recording and tracking financial transactions, creating financial reports, and managing the payable and receivable amounts. The software can sometimes struggle to run due to internal errors that occur due to many factors. QuickBooks error 15311 interferes with the software installation or payroll updates and forces the processes to stop. If you also faced this error while downloading the payroll updates, stick to this blog till the end to find the reasons for the occurrence of this error and the methods to fix it.
Payroll errors can be troublesome, but you can easily resolve them with the help of QB experts available at 1-55-856-0042.
About the issue
Payroll services should be constantly updated to keep them in sync with the revised tax tables released by the federal government. This error will jump right in between the installation of the software or downloading the payroll updates and causes the process to terminate. This can be due to incorrect configuration settings on your computer or QuickBooks being denied access to the folders that contain crucial files for the update. In addition, you’ll see error codes on your screen whenever you try to download the payroll updates, and the update will not finish until you eliminate this error from the software.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15102
The following are some of the potential causes of this error:
- The Internet speed is deficient, and the connection lapses while downloading the payroll updates in the software.
- The UAC control settings forbid the software installation or payroll service from getting updated.
- Payroll updates are affected due to internal issues in the software that developed due to a defective installation on your PC.
The effective methods to get rid of this error are listed below-
Solution 1- Configure the UAC control settings
The User Account Control settings are in place to protect your device from any unwanted changes made by a program on your PC. Whenever you try to update the payroll or install the software, you’ll see a confirmation screen that prompts you to allow a program to make changes to your device. Agree to the prompt and follow the steps given below if the dialogue box doesn’t appear-
- Open the Control Panel on your PC and click on the User Accounts
- Tap User accounts again and select the Change User Account Control settings option.
- There’s a slider on the next window that can be used to configure the UAC settings.
- Turn on the UAC settings by shifting the slider to Always Notifyand shift the slider to Never Notify for turning off the UAC settings.
- Try updating the payroll in QuickBooks after turning off the UAC settings.
If the software again develops an error, try the next step below.
Solution 2- Check the Internet Speed on your system
The update file may incur damage during the download due to a lousy internet connection on your PC. Poor internet speed can raise many other issues in the software, you can prevent this by checking the internet speed of your system-
- Visit Google on your web browser and type ‘Internet Speed test.’
- Run the test and wait for the results.
- The minimum QB required internet speed is 5Mbpsand 3Mbps on average.
You need to upgrade to a wired connection if the internet speed of your system doesn’t match the QB requirements.
This is the entire explanation of QuickBooks error 15311, including the triggers that can potentially develop this error. You also read about some troubleshooting techniques that can be applied to make your QuickBooks error free again.
In case the issue remains, let a QB team resolve it by approaching them at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read: Easy fixes for the QuickBooks Company File Not Found error