You might come across the QuickBooks error 12157 due to internet connectivity issues. The error usually pops up while installing the updates. There are several other factors, like improper installation of QuickBooks. Also, check if your installation file is corrupted. Any fault in the installation file could pop up the error 12157 in QuickBooks. Getting rid of such QuickBooks errors is essential because they can crash your system. The QuickBooks error code 12157 could attack your system due to various reasons. Here in this blog, we have given you a complete guide to rectifying this error. You may not be able to eradicate this error with just one method; if one method does not work for you, we have provided you with several methods. So to get back to working on QuickBooks, fixing this error is essential. So let us look at the methods to get away with the QuickBooks error 12157.
If you want a telephone discussion with one of our experts, call us on 1-855-856-0042 directly. You can have one-on-one discussions and get all the answers to your queries. We have a team of technical experts who handle QuickBooks error 12157. They can provide you with proper assistance and guidance related to all your questions.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks error code 12157
The QB error code 12157 shows several symptoms. It is always safe to know about the symptoms so we can figure out the error on our own. Let us know so that we know when we come across the error 12157. The screen will, of course, get a warning message, and the windows will crash automatically.
- If the firewall or internet settings give any pop-up, that could also result in QuickBooks error 12157.
- The system might crash immediately, so be cautious of error 12157.
- Your system might start working very slowly due to the QuickBooks error code 12157.
- The update process might come to a halt due to the error 12157.
- Your system will not follow the commands if you receive the error 12157 in your QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing
Let us look at the causes of QuickBooks error code 12157
There could be several factors or reasons behind the error 12157 in QuickBooks. Knowing them beforehand could help us in avoiding this error. Let us know the reasons behind this error to avoid it from popping on the screen. It can occur due to certain factors; some are listed below.
- Having an incorrect date or time in your system could lead to the error 12157.
- Any restricted internet and security app settings could cause this error 12157 in QuickBooks.
- If your system has multiple QuickBooks installed, that could also cause QuickBooks error 12157.
- Restricted user account control settings could also lead to error 12157.
- If the components for the update are missing, could also pop up the error 12157 on your screen.
Some methods to fix the QuickBooks error 12157
It might be frustrating for QuickBooks users to handle such errors, but with the proper methods, they can do it quickly. The methods below are very simple to use, and you can perform them independently. It will save time, and you can get back to working on QuickBooks quickly. We have bought some easy and simple methods for you to rectify the QuickBooks error 12157.
Method 1: Change the internet connection
- Open your QuickBooks
- Move to help the menu
- Click on the internet connection setup
- Then opt to use my computer’s internet connection. It will establish the connection when the app has access to the internet
- Click on next
- In this step, open advanced connection settings
- Head to the advanced tab
- Tap on restore advanced settings
- Finally, click on the ok tab, and next click on done
If the first method did not work well for you, you can try and perform the other methods to remove the QuickBooks error code 12157.
Method 2: Try restoring the system
- Go to start your system tab and try to log in as system admin
- Click on start and further click on system repair
- Please open a new window and tap on re-install my pc by heading forward click on the next tab
- Choose the restore point and tap on next
- Select the advanced system to restore the point
- Finally, choose next and conclude the process
Method 3: Try to reset the date and time
- Open the clock present on your system’s screen
- Now right-click on the date and time
- Click on adjust date/time option from the lot that is showing up on your screen
- Select the current date and time. Do not forget to hit on ok once the date and time have been fixed
- Once all the steps are complete, close your QuickBooks and open it again
- Finally, run your QuickBooks update to check if the QuickBooks error message 12157has disappeared from the screen
Method 4: Try disabling the User account control
- Using the Windows + R key try to open the run command
- Write the control panel and press enter
- Choose the security maintenance option in the system and security option
- Click on the user account and then change the user accounts
- Finally, in the UAC settings, click on never notify and then ok
Method 5: Uninstall duplicate QuickBooks
- Move to the control panel
- Go to option programs and features
- Tap on uninstall/change a program
- Look at the list of installed programs and check for the QuickBooks duplicate version out of it
- Click on uninstall and do not forget to complete the instructions
- Finish the uninstallation successfully
- Reboot your system
If none of the above methods can help remove the QuickBooks desktop error 12157 from your screen, try this last method and check if the error has gone.
Method 6: Try resetting the QB updates
- Right click on your QuickBooks icon
- Head to the help menu and tap on the option to update QuickBooks
- Tick on the features of the software
- Click on the option to reset updates and further click on get updates
- Your QuickBooks will get updated
Always check if there is no fault in your installation file because this might interrupt you from updating your QuickBooks. Updating your QuickBooks from time to time could also prevent many such errors from popping up on your screen, and you can work on your QuickBooks seamlessly.
Keep taking regular backups of your company file, or set the auto data recovery tool to take automatic backups. A backup of your data can prevent any data loss during these errors. There is no space for any data loss while eradicating the QuickBooks errors if you keep taking regular backups of your data.
Concluding it here!
It might be challenging for you to get away with the QuickBooks error 12157. But with the correct methods we have suggested, you can do it easily if you need to speak to one of our professionals regarding the QB update error 12157. You can dial our 1-855-856-0042 directly. We have professionals who have expertise in QuickBooks. They can help you in dealing with many such errors. With their expertise, they can guide you with quick solutions in case you need immediate assistance.