If you have bumped into the error 1618 QuickBooks there are so many things that would have caused this problem. And most people are unaware of the facts. Determination of the reason, symptoms, and cause are quite vague and innumerable. Most users remain unsure of what should be done and how it should be done.
This is one of those errors that can be seen while updating or installing the program. Many times, you will also get the error message stating- “there was a problem in installing the Microsoft Runtime library.” This is also a cause of QuickBooks error 1618 another program.
If not this, you will get the warning pop up message stating “Error 1618. “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING” error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs.” So let’s have a look at the multiple aspects of this error. That will help you in resolving the issue quickly.
What might have caused QuickBooks Error Code 1618?
You can get multiple reasons that will cause this issue. But the ones that are most common are given below. Just try to check which of them is most apt.
- Maybe the installation of your Quickbooks software is corrupted.
- There is a chance that the update was left incomplete on the last try.
- If you have mistakenly deleted the Quickbooks related program file; that will also cause this issue.
- The QB related files or Windows files are hit by malware or a virus.
A recommended to read article:- Resolve QuickBooks Update Error Code 404
Solution: Update the Windows Installer on your desktop
Before you try out anything else, we would suggest that you update your Windows Installer. That’s one of the best ways to get rid of QB Error 1618 code. Here is what you will have to follow.
- First of all you need to log into your account using the system admin credentials.
- Then just look for your Windows Installer on the desktop. If you are able to spot it, just look for the updates, if not follow here.
- To search for the installer you will have to navigate to “my computer.”
- And then open “C:\WINDOWS\system32” or you can search for the same in the search bar.
- After that, you will have to just right click on the “exe file” that you spot in the folder.
- Next, just pick the properties and then the version.
- Here you will get all the information related to your Windows installer’s version.
- If there are any updates pending, you will have to update them all.
- Once done, you will need to just reboot the system.
This is one of the easiest and convenient methods to Fix error 1618 QuickBooks. But if it doesn’t work the way you wanted it and then we would suggest you should connect with an expert. For that you can call on the number +1-855-738-0359 and tell our experts about the problem. They will not only help you with diagnosing the problem but also in the execution of the solution.
You May Also Like :- qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer
How can I fix QuickBooks problem 1618?
Solution 1: Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub by downloading it.
The QuickBooks Tools Hub assists in correcting frequent mistakes. You must close QuickBooks in order to use the tool hub. To use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tools hub, see Fix QuickBooks Desktop installation issues.
How can I fix a QuickBooks connection error?
To download the entire page, click the Reload button or hit F5 on your keyboard (Command + R on a Mac).
Restart your browser and sign in to QuickBooks Online if the issue still exists.
Please get in touch with a QuickBooks Online customer service agent if you’re still receiving the error notice.