If you don’t know till now, QuickBooks Multi-user Mode Not Working comes under a critical problem. The multi-user mode is called to be an inbuilt feature of the application. And when it is having an issue; you will get a few more problems in your working. It will not only restrain you from getting the fruitful results but also delay a lot of processes. That’s because there are a lot of components that work together.
Failure in any of these components will result in this issue. Knowing the reason why QB freezes whenever you switch to the multi-user mode is important. It can be due to a firewall obstruction, or incorrect DNS settings. Whatever may be the reason, you will have to check for all the things. In this blog, we are going to look at multiple aspects; and learn the “how do i fix multi-user mode not working in QuickBooks” issue.
Read more: QuickBooks desktop Error 6000 83
Solution: Trying pinging your server from any workstation
Whenever you use the multi-user mode there is a host and several workstations connected to it. And when your QuickBooks desktop multi user mode not working issue arises; pinging your server can be a solution. It might not be an ideal thing for every situation, but it can surely help in many ways. So, these are the set of steps that you will have to follow.
- Start your process by clicking on the Windows icon first. After this, you will have to type in the space “Network.”
- And then open the network and sharing centre in your search bar.
- From there you will be redirected to another window that has many options. Here you will have to click on the “change advanced sharing settings” option. It will be on your left side.
- Then you will have to choose the “Turn on Network discovery and file and printer sharing” option.
- This will be available from the drop-down menu.
- Then you need to head to the server section, where you will have to note down the server name.
- Once done with all this, just press “Windows+ R” buttons on your keyboard.
- This will open the run window on your screen. Here in the space you will have to type “CMD” and then hit the enter key.
- There will be a black window that opens in front of your screen. This is the CMD Window.
- Here you will have to type “ipconfig/all” and then click on the enter button on your keyboard.
- Once this is done, you will have to simply jot down the server name and the host.
- Now is the time where you will be testing the server. For that you need to go to the workstation.
- Next, you will have to click on the Windows icon and trigger the “Run command” window.
- Here again you will have to type “CMD” in the space available.
- And then you will have to type “ping_your server name” and then hit the enter button.
Note: You will not have to include the double-quotes in the last step. And you need to repeat the same process on all the workstations where you are getting the QuickBooks multi user mode Error.
There are high chances when you complete the process, there will be no issue. But if you still get the QuickBooks multi user mode issues we suggest you contact an expert. And for that you can call on +1.855.738.0359 which is our toll free number.
Upon doing this, you will get immediate assistance on your problem. And one of our tech team members will be helping you throughout the situation. You will have no issue related to this problem after this.
You may also read : QuickBooks error 12007