QuickBooks error 404 arises when the installation has been improper or incomplete, a file got infected, or important files in the QB Database got deleted or corrupted. This error can bring various challenges to users as it can slow down Windows performance or crash the active systems. When QuickBooks is unable to connect with the Intuit servers, the QuickBooks 404 error can pop up on the screen and may come up with the error message apologizing for the inconvenience to the user and informing them about the shutdown of the operation. Since it interrupts users from working on QB, it is essential to know the causes and solutions to repair error 404.
What are the Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Windows firewall or antivirus applications are one of the most probable reasons for you to get the error message 404. Down below, we have listed the other reasons responsible for evoking the error:
- There are installation errors with your QuickBooks Desktop leading to the error.
- Another reason is that Windows have registry errors.
- General issues with the browser, like excessive cache and cookies and interruptions from a third-party plugin, can trigger the error Code 404.
- Windows or QuickBooks files have virus or malware infections that are prompting the error.
- You might see this error if you do not have a proper internet connection,.
- Some of the files required by QuickBooks to work are missing or deleted, leading to QuickBooks error code 404.
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 404 Effectively
Now that we know the reasons prompting the error let’s learn about the effective solutions to rectify this error.
Also read this blog :- QuickBooks company file not found
Solution 1: Clear the Junk Files and Run the Browser in Private Mode
Junk files in your browser and plugins added to it can frequently lead to an error 404 while accessing websites. With the help of the solutions below, we will first get rid of the junk files stored in your browser and switch it to private mode so that no plugin loads while you open any website.
- Access the browser you are using to open QuickBooks Online and by choosing the appropriate option, go to the settings.
- Now using the search option in the settings, look for Cache and Cookies.
- Choose the option to erase all the cache and cookies from your browser.
- Next, quit the browser and then right-click its desktop icon.
- Select Private or Incognito Mode and attempt to access your QuickBooks Online account to see if the error 404 is resolved.
Solution 2: Check your Firewall and Antivirus Settings to Resolve the Error
Sometimes improper Firewall and Antivirus settings prompt this error, so check your firewall and antivirus settings to resolve the error.
- Press the Start button on your desktop and insert Firewall in the search box.
- Tap on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and check your Firewall settings to see if it has blocked QuickBooks services from accessing the Internet Connection.
- Now erase QuickBooks services from the list of blocked applications.
- In case this doesn’t help, launch your antivirus application’s Firewall and remove any QuickBooks service from the blocked list.
QuickBooks Error Code 404 can be quite annoying to encounter while working on the application but don’t worry; through this article, we will guide you to eliminate this error quickly. If the error appears again, you can ring us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our team of experts.
What causes the 404 Not Found error?
- There are several potential causes for this:
- It’s possible that the page was deleted or renamed.
- The page might have been redirected to another page.
- The address can include a typo.
- The website you are using might be out of date.
You’ll need to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer and then reinstall it in order to solve this issue.
To correct any mistakes in the QuickBooks registry, you might additionally need to run a registry cleaner.
Also Visit here: :- Resolve QuickBooks Error 6129