One of the most frequent errors that the users face is the QuickBooks error 6177 0. This error mainly restricts your access to the QuickBooks company file and causes the error. The most common reason behind this error can be an outdated version of QuickBooks, and another reason can be the corruption in the company file. There are many ways in which you can resolve this error; this article is a perfect guide to fix QuickBooks error code 6177 completely.
If you are unable to eliminate the issue, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get help from our support team.
What are the Root Causes of QB Desktop Error 6177 0?
Some of the probable causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6177 0 are the following:
- An outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is one of the most common reasons for experiencing the error while accessing the company file.
- You cannot open QB because of the corruption in the company file.
- A damaged Network Data file can also create problems for QuickBooks to connect with the company file.
- If the company file folder is not set to share the data with other devices connected to the network, you are also unable to access the company file in QuickBooks.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 6000 1076
Easy Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6177 0
Solution 1: Move your QuickBooks Desktop’s Company File to a Local Hard Drive
One way to rectify this error is to move the company file from the server to a new location, such as the local drive of your workstation, the steps to move your company file to a local hard drive are the following:
- If you can access the server, copy the company file to an external storage device like a flash drive and move it to the local storage of the workstation that is encountering QuickBooks error 6177 0.
- If you can’t access the server, open your QuickBooks and hit the F2 key to get the Product Information window.
- Take note of the company file path shown under the File Information section and find the company file in the file location shown under the File Information section.
- Copy the company file with the .qbw extension and paste it into the QuickBooks company file folder you will find in your C drive ,create a Portable QuickBooks File then save it to the local drive.
- Restore this portable file from the local drive to the server and try to open the company file on the workstation where you got the error earlier.
- If the QB error 6177 persists, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Erase QuickBooks Network Data (.ND) File
- Using Windows file explorer, locate the folder where QuickBooks installation files are present and search for the file with the same name as your company file but with the .nd extension.
- Right-click the file and choose Delete, press Yes to confirm the action, restart QuickBooks Desktop, and check if the issue is resolved.
QuickBooks error 6177 though problematic, can be rectified pretty quickly. This article mentions all the right solutions to fix this error, and if the error persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get quick assistance from our team of specialists.
Related Search Terms : QB 2009 error 6177 0, QuickBooks Company File Error 6177 0, QuickBooks Desktop Error 6177 0, QB enterprise error 6177, QB error 6177, QuickBooks Error 6177 0 opening Company File, quickbooks error 6177 path, QB error code 6177, QB error code 6177 0, QB error message 6177
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 15243 | Root Causes and Solutions