Quickbooks being extensively used all over the world, has a lot of glitches and snags. But there are loads of features and functions that come along too. And Update QuickBooks Company File is what has to be done to get their access. There is a certain procedure that you will have to follow in order to do that. But make sure it is done after you have logged in with your admin user credentials.
Another thing that should be kept in mind while taking up the update is that you should do it in steps. And in a private network environment. So, here is what has to be done.
Open the newer version of QuickBooks application. Go to File and select Open or Restore Company File · Now click Open a company file, it may be the most frustrating feeling for the users. It’s OK! You can go through this blog post and follow the steps given in this to troubleshoot the error. If you want to seek professionals, call us at +1-855-738-0359 !
Updating Quickbooks company file quickly on your device
As already informed, you need to follow a few sets of steps that can help in the updating part. You will have to follow these steps.
Learn the extraordinary article:- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Step 1: Prepare the company file
Open your Quickbooks desktop on your device. Then check whether there are any important installations that are pending or not. Then this is what you will have to do. In order to prepare your company files to get things going quickly.
- You will have to head to the original version of Quickbooks that was initially installed in your device.
- This is the spot where you will have to open the company file. And then you will have to click on “F2 button” on your keyboard.
- Upon doing this, your “product information window” will open on your screen.
- From the list of options, you will have to select “File Information” and get the location. You will have to note it down somewhere, because it will be required later.
- Once all of this is done, you will have to go to the “run the rebuild tool” option.
- As soon as you click on it, your computer will be prepared for the upgrade.
A recommended to read article:- :- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107
Step 2: Upgrading your company file
The steps mentioned here are going to help you in upgrading your company file.
- Start by logging out of the company file from all the systems.
- Next, you will have to open the updated QB version on your system.
- Then you are going to have to click on “open or restore company.”
- In the next step you will have to click on “Next” and then browse your company file.
- After this step you will have to sign in to your company file using the admin credentials and then let the process get completed.
- From there you will have to choose “change this default location” and save the backup to another location.
- Select “update now” and then on Done. This will end the process and your company files will be updated.
If this feels a hectic and difficult way to do it, let’s take the easier way. In that, you will have to simply connect with one of our experts. And they are going to help you with your updates. They will guide you on how to update QuickBooks Company File and get it done.
How to revert to an Older QB version after Updating Company File?
QuickBooks License Manager can help you return to the older QB version after updating the company file. The steps include:
- Get the old version from Intuit’s website.
- Launch QuickBooks and move to the Help menu.
- Here, choose the Manage My License option.
- From the Switch To menu, select the year version of QB.
- Authorize this function by entering valid License and Product numbers in the fields.
- Press OK and let QuickBooks go through the conversion process.