QuickBooks Error 6190 usually restricts the QB user from accessing the desired company file because the company file has already been accessed by some other QB user in the single-user mode on the network.
Another common reason that instigates this troublesome technical error is the damage to the configuration files and the company file located on the server computer.
Many resolutions have been developed to resolve this error, and they have been explained thoroughly in this blog.
Are you looking for effective assistance to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190? Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Expert Team.
Error Code 6190 in QuickBooks Desktop: Most Common Reasons
- Asconfiguration files are required every time a user accesses the company file on a network, any damage or corruption in them promptly triggers QB Error 6190.
- Other technical factors instigating this error are a damaged company file folder and corrupt data files on the server computer.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 15311
Tackle 6190 Company File Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop through These Resolutions
The effective ways to resolve 6190 Company File Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop are mentioned below:
Resolution 1: Carefully scan and repair the company file through the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to exterminate this error
- Since the QuickBooks Tool Hub contains many tools, including the QB File Doctor tool, you have to first download it from the official Intuit website, and then you are also required to launch the
- ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file so that it can be successfully installed on the computer.
- The installation process of the QB Tool Hub on your system can be carried out by simply following all the on-screen steps and agreeing to the terms & conditions mentioned at the end of the completion process.
- Thereafter, immediately launch the QB Tool Hub to locate and reach the ‘Company File Issues’ tab, after which you will see the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool.
- At this step, go inside the QB File Doctor tool by clicking on the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon and then load the company file through the ‘Browse and search’ option to scan it.
- By hitting the ‘continue’ button, you can go forward to enter your valid QB admin credentials, and once you tap the ‘Next’ button, the QB File Doctor tool will commence the scanning almost instantly.
- The successful scanning process will decimate this error, after which you will be able to access the company file on your network.
Resolution 2: Attach a fresh word to the existing name of the configuration files to weed out this error
- The Network Data file (‘.ND’) and the Transaction Log File (‘.TLG’) are to be renamed to implement this resolution. To rename both these files, you have to first open up the company file folder to locate the files with the extensions mentioned earlier, and furthermore, both these files shall have a name exactly similar to the company file.
- Now, attentively right-click on each file’s icon to select the ‘Rename’ option, after which you need to attach a word such as ‘oldkeydrivefile’ to the end of each file’s name: ‘compkey.qbw.nd.oldkeydrivefile’ and ‘compkey.qbw.tlg.oldkeydrivefile’.
- Save these new names of the Network Data file and the Transaction Log file by hitting the ‘Enter’ key, after which you can go ahead to access the data file.
QuickBooks Error 6190 can be easily resolved through the correct use of the step-wise resolutions mentioned above. For more technical help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Related Search Terms – Error 15311 Updating QuickBooks Desktop, I am Getting Error 15311, QuickBooks 2018 Update Error 15311, QuickBooks Desktop Error 15311, QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15311, QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15311
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 15271