Fortunately, this error can be easily resolved by putting a new name to the configuration files (with ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ as file extensions) on the user’s computer.
The best methods to eradicate this intricate company file issue are discussed at length in this blog.
If you want detailed guidance to root out QuickBooks Error 6144 82, just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Major Causes of 6144 82 Error Code in QB Desktop
Several reasons behind the 6144 82 Error Code in QB Desktop are explained below:
- Corruption or malfunctioning of the configuration files (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ as file extensions) can trigger this difficult error.
- If the company file is not located at its original location or if it has got corrupted, then QB Error 6144 82 arises while accessing it.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error H303
Detailed and Effective Methods to Extirpate 6144 82 Company File Error in QuickBooks
The methods described here can help you to eradicate 6144 82 Company File Error in QuickBooks:
Method 1: Easily weed out this issue by affixing a new name to the selected configuration files
- Simply reach inside your company file folder, and then you must identify those files that have the extensions ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’; furthermore, both these files should possess the same name as that of the required company file.
- Once you have identified both these configuration files within the company file folder, you should right-click on their icons to hit the ‘Rename’ option; moreover, you need to put a word like ‘oldsystemfiles’ at the end of file names.
- An appropriate example for the above-mentioned step is this: ‘compnewkey.qbw.nd.oldsystemfiles’ and ‘compnewkey.qbw.tlg.oldsystemfiles’.
- Just press the ‘Enter’ key so that the newly-affixed names are saved, and then you can move ahead to easily access the required company file through the QB Desktop application.
You must read this blog – QuickBooks Won’t Open
Method 2: Run a full scan of the company file through the QB Database Server Manager to eradicate this problem
- Go straight away to the correct link on Intuit website to download the QB Tool Hub on your computer and then proceed immediately to open up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file so that the process of installing the tool hub can be initiated.
- Now, follow all the steps as per the on-screen instructions so that the QB Tool Hub is fully installed on the computer, and just after its installation, you must open it swiftly to strike on the ‘Network Issues’ tab.
- Move ahead to click on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon and then utilize the ‘Browse’ option to bring up your company file to get it scanned through this tool.
- Next, you can easily tap on the ‘Start Scan’ button to kick-start the scanning of the selected company file, and once the file is completely scanned, you can go forward to access the data file through the QuickBooks application.
The QuickBooks Error 6144 82 can be completely expunged through the correct implementation of the above-mentioned methods. For more technical support and help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 3371