QuickBooks Error 6123 mainly arises when the QB Desktop user attempts to access or restore the company file on the computer, and this is one of the most irritating technical issues that occur in this software.
Several factors, like the damaged company file, often provoke this error, and experts have designed many methods to resolve it swiftly.
This blog has been exclusively developed to provide you with effective methods to eliminate this error.
Exasperated by QuickBooks Error 6123? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team for effective assistance.
6123 QuickBooks Error Message: Prominent Reasons
The major reasons that often lead to 6123 QuickBooks Error Message are explained as follows:
- Difficulty in getting access to the company file mostly arises due to corruption in it as well as the outdated version of the QB application on the user’s computer.
- If the backup company file is situated on an external device or network, then this error can arise while restoring the data file (‘.QBW’) on the system.
Recommended to read: How to fix QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
Top Methods to Eliminate 6123 Company File Error Code in QuickBooks
The exclusive methods to rectify the6123 Company File Error Code in QuickBooks are explained below:
Method. 1: Weed out this issue by running the Quick Fix my Program tool on your computer
- Firstly, move to the official Intuit website through your web browser to easily download the QB Tool Hub on the computer and then execute the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file so that you can follow all the relevant steps required for the QB Tool Hub installation.
- After carefully finishing the QB Tool Hub installation, just open it to hit the ‘Program Problems’ tab and then move ahead to tap the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool icon in order to start this tool’s execution.
- Upon the full run of the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool icon, all the program issues will get exterminated swiftly and then you can simply open up the QB Desktop application to gain access to the company file.
Method. 2: Ensure complete repair of your company file through the QB File Doctor tool’s execution to terminate this error
- As you already installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system as per the previous method, you can now easily open it up to strike the ‘Company File Issues’ tab, after which you can go ahead to simply tap the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool.
- Within the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool, identify and hit the ‘Browse’ option to obtain the company file and then consecutively strike the ‘Check your file’ and the ‘Continue’ button so that you can finally enter your valid QB admin password to kick-start this tool’s run.
- Once you notice that the data file has got fully repaired by this tool’s run, you can access it through the QB application effortlessly.
Method. 3: Remove this issue by shifting the backup file to the local hard drive and then comfortably restoring it
- First and foremost, shift the backup company file to your local hard drive from the external device or server and then go straightaway to the ‘Open or restore company’ tab located under the ‘File’ menu in your QB Desktop application.
- Thereafter, simply click on the ‘Restore a backup copy’ and the ‘Local Backup’ options successively, after which you should select your backup file and then simply assign a folder for restoring it swiftly.
- Once you have got the restored company file, you can start using it for your necessary tasks.
QuickBooks Error 6123 can be absolutely resolved through the methods described above. For more technical support, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
This blog post on: doodlefolks.com