If you want to systematically manage your business accounting operations and other finance-related tasks with satisfying productivity, QuickBooks accounting software can be the prime choice. Software is considered a blessing of technology in the accounting field for professionals. When you look at another side of this advanced software, there are certain errors that hamper the user’s workflow and productivity. The QuickBooks error 6000 301 is one such error that belongs to the -6000 series error. It’s a clearly visible error that makes users tedious to handle it and continue their work.
If you are also facing such tedious situations due to this QuickBooks error code 6000 301, then do not worry! This article will explain to you the 5 simple and step-by-step troubleshooting solutions to fix the error along with the major causes and signs of the error.
No need to feel distressed if you get encounter QuickBooks error code 6000 301! All you must do is dial our helpline number 1-855-856-0042 and ask our experts how to solve the error issue. We have a team of certified error-solving experts to assist you.
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301: A Brief Outline
The QuickBooks error Code 6000 301 is a company file error from the -6000 error series. Whenever QuickBooks users try to open their company data files, i.e. .QBW files with inadequate disk space, the error occurs in between their work. This error creates difficulty for the users to manage and handle their daily activities with an error message read as “Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).”
What Factors Contribute To The QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 301?
- The QuickBooks error code occurs due to the damaged QuickBooks company file, corrupted transaction files, and network data files.
- If your Data Source Name files are damaged or if there is the presence of any Encryption software in your system, it causes the QuickBooks company file error code 6000 301.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop company file is present on the hard disk and you try to access it, the error will interrupt you.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 301: Signs And Symptoms
If you notice the following symptoms in your QuickBooks desktop software, your application is definitely suffering from the QuickBooks company file error 6000 301.
- If your screen goes blank suddenly out of the blue, it’s one of the common signs of the QB company file error 6000 301.
- The error may be there in your QuickBooks application if the Windows are not responding to your keyboard tabs or mouse clicks commands.
- The sudden shutdown of your Windows without any warning or notice is also one of the common symptoms of this QB company file error 6000 301.
- While running your QuickBooks application program, if you cannot switch to any other application program, consider this situation also a sign of the QB company file error with code 6000 301.
Solutions To Wipe Off QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 301
Solutions Strategy 1 – Rectify the QuickBooks Support Files Corruption or Damage
- Rectifying the corruption or damage in your QuickBooks support files can solve the user’s problems related to the QuickBooks company file error with code 6000 301. For this, take an exit from your QuickBooks Desktop by closing the QB company file.
- In the next step, move straight toward the folder where you wish to keep your QuickBooks company data files. Generally, it is C: drive folder of your system where you store the QB company files.
- There, in the folder, search the support files which are .ND, .TLF, and .DSN company files. On one of these files, give right-click, and select the Rename option to add .OLD at the end of these company files names.
- Repeat the process with other files, close the Window, and restart your QuickBooks Desktop screen. After this, the QuickBooks application will automatically make fresh error-free company file versions.
Solution Strategy 2 – Download and Install the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Released Updates
- Start this solution strategy by first opening the Windows, followed by opening the Start menu. There, in the search panel, type QuickBooks Desktop, and click on the same to open.
- Again, right-click on the option and choose the Run as Administrator option from the menu, which will trigger the No Company Open window. Here, you are required to click on the Help menu option.
- Now, in the drop-down menu, click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option by tapping on the Options button to select the Mark All option.
- Click to Save, then click on the Update Now tab, and mark the checkbox for Reset Update, followed by hitting on the Get Updates option and enabling QuickBooks to download the application updates.
- Again, open the QuickBooks Desktop and install the downloaded updates by clicking on the Yes tab. Access your QuickBooks application by rebooting your computer system and checking the glitch.
Solution Strategy 3 – Secure your Integral Data from Data Encryption Software
Remember that your important company data is exposed to potential glitches and issues when you are using or running your data encryption software. That’s why experts suggest that all such application programs must be turned off or disabled during your work on your QuickBooks application with integral company data. For this, you need to open your data encryption software, then go to the settings tab, click on it, and get a way to stop the software from functioning.
Solution Strategy 4 – Copy the QB Company File to the Desktop
- For this, give right-click on your system Desktop and then head straight toward the folder options correspondingly.
- Move to the original company files location, followed by right-clicking on the QB Company files by pressing CTRL + C keys to copy the same file.
- Now, you are required to move to the freshly created file folder on your Desktop and then press the CTRL + V keys on your keyboard to paste those copied company files.
- After this, press and hold the CTRL keyboard key till the No Company Open Window prompt appears on your screen. Continue and go to the Open or Restore an Existing Company tab by picking up the company file copied from the desktop folder.
- Save all the changes and then try to open the file again; if the error is still not allowing you to access the company file, get your hands on the next solution.
Solution Strategy 5 – Fix your QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Begin with this process by first going to the Start tab or Windows menu. There search for the Control Panel in the Search programs and files. Open and access your Control Panel, then click on the Programs and Features option, and there you go.
- Go to the QuickBooks application and there, click on the Uninstall icon, and then click on the Next option after you get the QuickBooks installation window on your screen.
- Now, choose the radio button, head towards the Repair option, and then click on the Next button to begin the repairing process. Finally, end the entire process by clicking on the Finish button.
Fix Your QB Error With Experts!
We hope this article helped you get out of the trouble of QuickBooks error 6000 301. The error may behave like relentlessly while you try to solve it with the troubleshooting mentioned above solutions. If you face a further issue, call us at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost: Complete Analysis & Solutions