Ho Update issues while running the QB updates or the payroll updates can lead to QuickBooks error 12057. This error code is a common issue faced by regular users while performing the upgrade. The update issues can be frustrating for users and can prevent them from accessing the application correctly. If you are unable to run the payroll features because of an outdated function, you need to resolve the QuickBooks error code 12057. In this article, we will help you eliminate the issue by providing you with solutions for the same.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
What are the Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Error Message 12057?
QuickBooks Desktop error 12057 can occur due to the following common factors –
- There are internet connectivity issues in your system, and the network setup is incorrect.
- The Internet Explorer settings are misconfigured, and internet issues are causing the update issues.
- You are not running QB as an admin user, which is causing restrictions while running the update process in the application.
- The security sockets layer settings are incorrect, and you need to set them correctly to run the updates.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, which is affecting the QuickBooks update process.
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Techniques to Terminate
Troubleshooting Steps to Eliminate the QuickBooks Payroll Error 12057
You can address the QuickBooks payroll update error 12057 by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Run QB as an Admin and Repair the Installation Process
You need to repair the application by using your admin rights to fix the QB error code 12057.
- Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts to click the Manage User Accounts option.
- From the list of user names, check if your account has administrative rights, and if your account is not an admin account, then restart your computer.
- Sign in with an account that has the administrative right to perform actions on Windows, and you can also right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon to select the Run as Administrator option.
- Press the Windows + R keys to type appwiz.cpl in the text box of the Run window and hit OK to scroll down to the list of programs.
- Find QuickBooks and double-click QuickBooks to select the Repair option for the installation issues.
- After the application is repaired, restart Windows and try to update payroll to check the status of the 12057 error.
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Error 1310
Solution 2 – Reconfigure the SSL Settings from the Control Panel
You can fix the SSL settings by accessing the control panel in the following manner –
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run box, followed by pressing Enter to access it.
- Select Network and Internet Option and click Internet Options to select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and checkmark the options that says Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0, followed by hitting Apply & OK button to end the reconfiguration process.
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks Error 1723: Methods to Effectively Eliminate
QuickBooks error 12057 can be reliably rectified by using the steps given in this article. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Related Search Terms : Error 12057 in QB Payroll, Error 12057 QB, Error 12057 When Downloading Payroll, Error Code 12057 in QB, Getting Error 12057 While Updating Payroll, QuickBooks Connection Error 12057, QB Desktop Error 12057, How to fix QB Error 12057, QuickBooks Error Message 12057, QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057
You may also read this blog : QuickBooks TLS Error: Excellent Technical Guide with Solutions