Protocols for cleaning schools and universities
Actions for cleaning schools, universities, and all educational centers are of enormous importance to offer a safe and healthy environment for students, workers, or visitors, to prevent infectious diseases, and to create an atmosphere conducive to learning.
To ensure successful cleaning and disinfection, it is crucial to promote health education, optimize hygiene precautions, and develop protocols.
How to establish a protocol for cleaning schools and universities
The following stages must be considered while creating a protocol for cleaning schools and colleges so that the actions, in addition to being successful, last throughout time:
- Assess the risk of the facilities. In order to identify the areas with the highest and lowest probability of transmission of bacteria and germs. The higher the risk, the more frequent cleaning and disinfection should be. For example:
- They are high-risk spaces: classrooms, bathrooms and changing rooms, the infirmary, sports teams, the kitchen, etc.
- They are low-risk spaces: offices and corridors.
- Detect surfaces that have high contact. These are surfaces that are frequently touched by various hands. And they require great control for cleaning and disinfection. For example:
- Doorknobs, keyboards, mice, faucets, stair railings, elevator buttons, and so forth
- Establish a protocol for cleaning universities or colleges. It must contain the actions that both the cleaning staff and the professional cleaning agency, according to the evaluation will execute carried out. Its main content is:
- The spaces and surfaces are to be cleaned and disinfected.
- The cleaning and disinfection procedures and tasks are to be carried out.
- Materials, tools, and effective substances for disinfection and cleaning.
- The periodicity of each action.
- The people in charge of cleaning actions: internal staff and professional cleaning agency.
- Scheduling inspections to verify the effectiveness of the actions and procedures carried out.
- Train cleaning staff for the correct execution of the established protocol.
- Educate and encourage students, teachers, and administrative staff to comply with the rules that apply to them within the protocol.
- Establish response protocols to an infectious outbreak within the college or university campus.
Protocol for cleaning universities, colleges, and other educational centers
The main aim of a protocol for cleaning universities and colleges is to establish the rules of action and sanitization and disinfection activities for protecting students and all staff, according to the risks detected in the educational center.
In essence, a strategy for sanitizing college and university campuses entails the following actions:
The general rules for disinfection and cleaning of schools or other educational centers
Among the general recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of the different areas, are:
- Carry out a complete cleaning and disinfection after each class shift.
- Clean and disinfect high-contact surfaces every 2 or 3 hours.
- Clean and disinfect both at the beginning and at the end of each day the various work areas.
- Use approved detergents and disinfectant substances.
- Execute cleaning actions before any disinfection.
- Use wet cleaning methods to avoid environmental dust.
- Begin cleaning tasks from the most contaminated areas and conclude in the least compromised, in order to reduce the risk of any type of contamination.
Specific procedures for daily and extraordinary cleaning
The cleaning and disinfection actions that will be carried out daily and those that will be carried out extraordinarily must be established. For example:
Daily hygiene actions
These must include:
- Cleaning and disinfection of classrooms and offices: desks, tables, computers, desks, and so forth
- Routine tasks, such as sweeping and mopping floors, emptying bins, removing dust, vacuuming carpets, and so forth
- Disinfection of bathrooms (sinks, WC, showers, and so forth) and high-contact surfaces.
- classroom ventilation.
We can execute some quarterly, others are carried out at the end of the school year. For example:
- Cleaning windows, glass, blinds, curtains, and carpets.
- Cleaning air conditioning filters and ventilation ducts.
- Cleaning stains on walls or doors.
- Floor treatment, which includes cleaning and scrubbing with professional machinery and the polishing and polishing procedure, depending on the type of surface.
It is always recommended that, after cleaning universities or any educational institution, disinfection with ozone is carried out, to guarantee an environment free of bacteria, viruses, and any microorganisms that may affect the health of students and staff of educational centers.
At SCS Group Integrated Services we have over 15 years of providing personalized services for cleaning schools, offices, warehouses, shops, and so forth. Contact us, we are specialists in sanitization methods with ozone and nebulization.