QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working is a problem that appears when the workstations try to launch a company file that is located on the server computer. At times, the Error isn’t visible, but QuickBooks keeps opening in single-user mode. This blog is a guide about various forms of the same kind of Error. It can range from the powerlessness to switch into multi-user mode to error codes H202, Error H505, and 6000 series of various errors. Follow the complete article to know about the solutions to QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working Error.
If you are unable to follow the instructions, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get help from our support team.
What are the Root Causes of the Multi-user Mode not Working Error of QB?
Some of the probable causes of QB Multi-user mode not working Error are:
- QuickBooks is not installed on the server computer and is making QB inaccessible.
- QuickBooks is not opening as Firewall or antivirus software is not allowing communication between user computers.
- QuickBooks has become obsolete because the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to access your QuickBooks company file.
- You are unable to open QB as Windows file permissions are not properly set, which leads to issues like the user being unable to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Another reason for QB Multi-user mode not working is the Incorrect hosting settings of the QuickBooks Desktop application on the server that is hosting the company file.
Recommended to read: Easy way to fix QuickBooks Abort Error
Practical Solutions to Resolve QB Multi-user Mode not Working Error
Some of the practical solutions to rectify QB Multi-user mode not working Error are:
Solution 1: Change the name of *.TLG and the *.ND Files
.ND and . TLG is the network data and transaction log files in QuickBooks, respectively, that aid QuickBooks connect and access the company file. Damage or corruption in any of these files can evoke issues accessing the company file in QuickBooks, and thus renaming these files force QuickBooks to create new ones that are unbound from any corruption and damage.
- Before renaming the. TLG and . ND files; here are the steps to help you find them-
- Access the QuickBooks Desktop Company File, and while on the Home page, hit the F2
- The Product Information window opens up, and under File Information, you will find the location of the Company File.
- TLG and . QBW.ND files are located in the same folder, and From the location, right-click on the above-mentioned files to rename them.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a utility that is specially developed to aid users in connecting with the company file in multi-user mode. Using the tool will give you the option to scan for the company file on the server computer and ultimately help you rectify the Error running QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Quit the QuickBooks application and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub app by clicking
- Once you have downloaded it to an easily accessible location, access QuickBooksToolHub.exe from there.
- Agree to the Terms and conditions to download it and open it once it has been installed.
- In QuickBooks Tools Hub, chooseNetwork Issues and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From there, Start scanning for your company files if it is opened on your system. Else, Search from the location and then Start scanning.
- After the Scan has run, even the firewall permissions are fixed with QDSM and press Close.
- Try getting your workstations into the multi-user mode to check if the “Cannot switch to multi-user mode” trouble is eliminated.
QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working Error is a recurrent error that is quite easy to get rid of; this article will guide you to get rid of this Error effectively. If the Error persists, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of specialists.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6123: A Comprehensive and Reliable Guide