According to Intuit, QuickBooks Error 6123,, “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost,” generally appears in multi-user settings. However, the error appears out of nowhere without any prior indications and causes issues in QuickBooks company file operations. Various factors and technical glitches responsible for QuickBooks Desktop error 6123 can be eliminated effortlessly by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article.
Are you frustrated with Error code 6123 but still got no resolutions? If So, You must follow the given article where we have incorporated the most triumphant techniques to fix it. In case of lack of technical understanding, You can feel free to ask for help from QuickBooks Data service professionals via +1(855)-738-0359
What are the Root Causes of QuickBooks Company File Error 6123, 0?
Following are some of the reasons responsible for triggering QuickBooks Desktop error 6123.
- Using an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is one of the most common reasons QuickBooks displays error message 6123.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files evoke error 6123 in QuickBooks and are responsible for several other 6000 series errors.
- If you are trying to restore the backup from an online storage service such as Dropbox, then error 6123 in QuickBooks is also triggered.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on Windows, you might face this error.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
This tool helps you diagnose the connection issues on your main host computer. Just follow these steps to perform this solution.
- You must install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool from Intuit’s official website.
- Now, download the tools by simply proceeding with the instructional window.
- Access the tool, and in the test connectivity section, you have to select the browse option.
- Choose the company file in which you faced the QuickBooks error 6123.
- Hit the button named test connectivity.
- The tool will automatically eliminate errors pertinent to connectivity.
A recommended to read article:- Quickbooks Error Code 6175
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
Use File Doctor to repair your company file as it automatically scans and fixes common QuickBooks Desktop data issues.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and when QuickBooks File Doctor opens, choose your company file from the ▼ drop-down.
- If you don’t see it, choose to Browse your computer for the file.
- Choose to Check your file, then Continue.
- Type your QuickBooks admin password, then select Continue.
- File Doctor will immediately start repairing your file, which may take a while.
- Choose your company from the list when the repair is completed, then select Open QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Create a New Windows User
Creating a new windows user is another solution that helps you to eliminate this error, follow these steps to perform it.
- The first step is to access the control panel and then press create new user option in the user icon.
- Afterward, go for the admin for user type and log out of the existing one.
- Once through with that, reboot the system and log in using new credentials.
- The user should move the company file to the desktop, access QuickBooks, and open the company file.
QuickBooks error 6123 is a common error that is pretty easy to resolve. If you are the one encountering it, then you don’t need to panic. You can also refer to this article for full information on QB error 6123, and if you have further queries, you can call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get them answered.