QuickBooks is the programme of choice for a lot of small and medium-sized businesses. It provides an extensive selection of cutting-edge tools and services that simplify accounting. But sometimes, there are issues that stop the users. This article is about QuickBooks error 179, which shows up when a user tries to generate a backup or sign in to the bank’s website. The user must rebuild the file as a result of the mistake, which prevents them from taking any further action. Discover the reasons for QuickBooks Online problem 179 and the solutions by reading this blog post in its entirety.
Do you require help with QuickBooks error 179? To get more help from our team of certified QuickBooks specialists, call our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
Factors that lead to QuickBooks Online error 179
Some of the factors that may have contributed to this online QuickBooks problem include the following:-
- The data in the backup file is faulty or damaged.
- The file that contains the transactions has a number of issues.
- The user selected the wrong bank while signing in to QuickBooks Online.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 404
Most Reliable Solutions for QuickBooks Bank Connection Error 179
1.The QuickBooks Tool Hub must be downloaded in order to use the File Doctor.
To access the file doctor tool and download the tool hub:-
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop programme and start a web browser after ensuring no company files are open.
- Open the official Intuit website, get the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file, and save it in a location where you can easily find it.
- Follow the on-screen directions after double-clicking the file to open it from where it was saved.
- The “I accept the terms and conditions” item must be selected for the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation to be successful.
- By double-clicking the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop and choosing the Company File Issues menu item, you may access the tool hub.
- Select your company file after selecting Run QuickBooks File Doctor from the drop-down menu. If it’s not there, click Browse to seek it on your computer.
- Check the box next to “Check your file,” then click “Continue” and enter your login details.
- When you click Next, the application will start scanning the corporate data. After the patch is complete, restart your computer and run QuickBooks.
2.Start Windows and run the QBWin.log file.
The QBWin.log file can be launched in Windows by:-
- If there are any open company files, save them before closing QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then type “File Explorer” into the search field to open the Start menu.
- When the File Explorer opens, navigate to the QBWin.log file’s location. You can locate it at C:UsersYOUR USERNAMEAppDataLocalIntuitQuickBookslogXX.XQBWin.log, where XX stands for the path designating the QuickBooks Desktop version.
3.Open the QBWin.log file from the QuickBooks Product Information box.
To open the QBWin.log file in the Product Information box:-
- To reach the Product Information panel from the homepage of the QuickBooks Desktop application, launch it and then hit the F2 key on your keyboard or Ctrl + 1 on your computer.
- Press the F3 key or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + 2 simultaneously to bring up the Tech Help window.
- By clicking Open File on the Open File tab, you may choose the QBWin.log file.
The best remedies for QuickBooks error 179 include some of these. Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer would be beneficial if you wanted to swiftly fix such difficulties. If you continue to experience issues after completing the processes, call us at our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 to chat with our team of certified QuickBooks professionals.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1334