After recovering from the effects of COVID-19, the US market for heart valve devices will continue to expand quickly. The adoption of THV devices and an older population will be the market’s driving forces. Clinical studies keep producing fruitful findings and driving the THV industry ahead. Additionally, new gadgets and device types will continue to develop in the upcoming years, gaining access to new patient groups and fueling this market’s ongoing expansion.
Market Analysis and Market Growth
According to Data Bridge Market Research’s analysis, the market for heart valve devices is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.4% from 2017 to 2030, reaching a value of USD 23,665.51 million. Due to the rapidly increasing demand for heart valve devices worldwide, the product type makes up the largest type segment in the market. In-depth discussions on price analysis, patent analysis, and technical improvements are also included in this market study.
Throughout the above forecast period, the market for heart valves may experience slower growth due to the high cost of heart valves and the potential for infection with heart implants. The market for heart valve devices is being driven by a rise in medical tourism, which is being fueled by medical business development and infrastructure in emerging nations. There is a greater demand than ever for less invasive methods to address cardiac problems. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), one of the current uses of automation in heart valve surgery, has paved the way for an expanding number of related procedures.
What are Global Heart Valve Devices?
- Heart valves are essential for ensuring that blood flows smoothly and correctly throughout the body. Blood pressure and continuous blood flow are maintained by heart valves. Stenosis is brought on by cutting off the heart if it isn’t functioning properly. Heart disease often refers to a variety of illnesses that seriously harm the heart.
- Given the rise in patients with cardiovascular problems during the past 10 years, regulation of heart valves has accelerated. Heart valve market expansion is sped up by variables including unstable lifestyles, lifestyle illnesses, rising smoking prevalence, ageing population, rising healthcare quality, and quickening development of healthcare reimbursement throughout the projected period.
Opportunities in Heart Valve Devices Market
- A prosthesis is a piece of machinery create to replace or enhance the function of a missing bodily component. In situations when the natural valves need to be treat because of anomalies, prosthetic heart valves are utilize more frequently.
- They may generally be split into three categories: allogeneic grafts, biological valves, and mechanical heart valves. Artificial valves are designed to behave hemodynamically similarly to a normal valve with a minimum of negative effects. Devices known as cardiovascular prosthesis has create to replace damage heart tissue.
- These medical gadgets replicate the way that healthy cardiovascular organs work. Heart surgeons can cure more heart blockages because of artificial hearts.
- Additionally, the incidence of prosthetic valves in patients who are years of age or younger ranges from 0.2 per 1,000 to 5.3 per 1,000.
- Thus, the growing level of knowledge regarding prosthetic devices presents a market expansion potential.
For more information visit
Challenges faced by Heart Valve Devices Market
- In the US, aortic valve disease is treat on an increasing number of people. Surgery and other forms of medical care are replace with transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) (M.T.). These tendencies’ potential economic repercussions are unknowable. As a result, TAVR is more expensive overall than SAVR and significantly more costly than M.T. alone. While SAVR and M.T. expenses have stayed constant, TAVR costs have reduced with time.
- Additionally, the high cost of manufacture is largely to blame for the high surgical cost of TAVI. However, non-surgical TAVI is less expensive than AVR because of the shorter hospital stay. Similar to how in Switzerland, the TAVI implant set costs about 32,000 Swiss francs (roughly $35,000), while the cost of a biosurgical prosthesis is about 3,000 Swiss francs (roughly US$3,300), the cost of the TAVI implant kit alone (valve, balloon, and sheath) is $32,500, while the surgical valve only costs about $5,000.
- Reimbursement in the United States ranges from $ 0 to $ 5,000 depending on comorbidities and complications, whereas TAVI costs around 72,000 Swiss francs ($78,000) and AVR costs around 3,000 francs ($7,000), resulting in a net loss for the institution.
All these facts make it clear that the demand for heart valve devices is going to increase substantially in the next few years. The product type also offers a high potential for profits due to its long life and affordability.
The only way you can tap into this huge market opportunity is by investing in market research studies such as Data Bridge’s one about the global heart valve devices market.
As such, it is important for healthcare organizations to keep a close eye on developments in this space so as to stay ahead of their competitors.