QuickBooks data migration service makes your migration process safer and more accessible. You can also call our QuickBooks experts team on 1.855.738.2784 if you have any data migration questions. They can provide solutions and proper assistance, ensuring your data is migrated safely.
Know more about migrating to QuickBooks online
- You have 60 days to move your data after you create an account on QuickBooks online.
- Ensure that your QuickBooks is updated.
- Check if the total target is less than 750,000. You can check it by pressing ctrl+1. If the file has a target limit of more than this, you will not be able to migrate the data.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File
Let us learn how to migrate to QuickBooks online without any data loss
Step 1: Print a copy of the sales tax liability report
- Move to the report menu
- Tap on vendors and payables
- Then click on sales tax liability
- Select all from the date drop-down
- From the print drop-down, click on save as pdf
- Select the folder to save the file
- Name the file and click on save
Step 2: Move to QuickBooks online
For QuickBooks desktop pro or premier
- Login as admin into the company file you want to migrate
- Move to company and then tap on export company file to QuickBooks Online
- Tap on start your export
- Now login to your QuickBooks online company
- Click on choose the online company and choose the company
- Select Continue
- Choose yes or no to track inventory
- In the text field, enter agree
- Then tap on replace
- Do not forget to click on “go ahead and replace the company data”
- At last, select replace
For QuickBooks Enterprise
- Again, login into the company file that you wish to migrate
- To open the product information tab, press ctrl+1
- Together press Ctrl + B + Q and then click on ok
- In the export window click on get started
- Login to your QuickBooks Online company and tap “choose an online company”
- Tap on continue
- Select yes or no to track inventory
- Enter agree and then click on replace
- At last, select yes, go ahead and replace data and then click on replace
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks migration issues?
Step 1: Verify your company data
- Go to the window in QuickBooks, then close all the windows
- Tap on file >utilities>verify data
Step 2: Rebuild your company data
- Go to the window and close all the windows
- Tap on file head to utilities and then tap on rebuild data
- When you see the pop up, “rebuild has completed”
- Move to step 3
Step 3: Verify the rebuilt data
- Again, select windows and close all the windows
- Go to file and head to utilities
- Click on verify data
- As soon as you see the message “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data,” You can move to the fourth step
Step 4: Start your migration process again
- Go to help and update QuickBooks by clicking on it
- Close your QuickBooks and open it again
- Tap on the company and then export the company file to QuickBooks Online
- Continue with the instructions
Learn how to migrate QuickBooks desktop from one computer to another
- Make sure your new pc is connected to a proper internet connection.
- You will require a USB drive with enough space to keep your QuickBooks file. The migrator tool tells you the amount of space it needs.
Steps to use the migrator tool
Step 1: Start with the older PC
- In QuickBooks, head to the file menu and then tap on Utilities
- Go to move QuickBooks to another computer
- Tap on, I’m ready and make a one-time password
- Continue with the instructions to choose the USB drive you will use.
- Wait for the files to copy
Step 2: Move to the new PC
- Plug in the USB drive
- The migration tool might not open automatically due to windows security restrictions
- Open the drive to view the files
- Double-click on Move_QuickBooks.bat to begin the migrator
- Please type the password you generated and tap on let’s go
- Wait until the migrator tool finishes. It depends on the size of the company file and the internet speed
Creating a backup file on your new PC is always a good idea
- In the file menu, go to backup data
- Select the backup location
- You can tap on the default location to create a backup on the default folder. And click on specify
- the alternate location to create the backup on a removable device or a network
- Tap on backup
- At last, click on finish
How can we manually move QuickBooks without the migrator tool?
You can uninstall QuickBooks on the older PC. Keep your product and license information handy, as you will need it while installing your QuickBooks on a new PC. Then, complete installing it, and remember to activate your QuickBooks once you finish installing it.
The migrator tool will automatically remove all the files from the USB drive when it’s done. But you will still have your QuickBooks file on the older PC. QuickBooks migration can be done quickly by migrating to QuickBooks online or on an upgraded PC. We have made migrating to QuickBooks online or an upgraded computer easier by providing a step-by-step guide. This guide will make the QuickBooks migration easier.
QuickBooks data migration service makes it easy for users to export data. We hope you can migrate by following the steps given above. We made data migration easier for you through this blog. However, in case you need help in between the migration process. You can call our QuickBooks experts team at 1.855.738.2784 and get your doubts clarified. They have expertise in QuickBooks and can help you with instant solutions making QuickBooks desktop migration easier.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS060