While operating QuickBooks, users need to log in to their band accounts to access specific features, like direct deposit. But sometimes, errors occur while logging into the bank’s website. One such very common error is the QuickBooks error 179, which prevents users from accessing their banking data. The error is often critical and needs to be addressed on a priority basis. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 179, follow the solutions mentioned in this article to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance from our QuickBooks experts.
What is QuickBooks Banking Error 179?
QuickBooks error 179 is a very common banking error that blocks your path and prevents you from tracking business banking statements. It arises while the user tries to connect to their banking website but is unable to. The error occurs while you log in to your bank’s website, and you get locked. It results in the inability to download data or perform banking functions.
Symptoms & Early Signs of QuickBooks Error Code 179
A few early signs that can help you detect the error in time are –
- You are experiencing issues while accessing your company file, or the file is damaged.
- QuickBooks stops responding to commands or starts freezing.
- The software program starts inputting null values while you are operating.
- There are missing details in your software application list.
- Your PC starts hanging or becomes sluggish.
- Your Windows gets corrupted or stops responding all of a sudden.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Common Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 179
QuickBooks error message 179 can occur due to the following common factors –
- There are abnormalities in the reports, or the reports contain negative values.
- Important data are missing from the application list.
- Deposited payments are reoccurring or important transactions are missing.
- Your balance sheet is incomplete, or it is not displaying all accounts.
- There are issues and errors with your company file, and the file is corrupted.
- Bad network connection and connectivity issues can also lead to the 179 error.
- You have logged in from multiple devices, or you forgot to log out after your last session.
- You are entering the wrong credentials while logging in to your bank account.
- There are junk files and cache issues with your Internet Browser.
Prerequisites for Terminating the QuickBooks Banking Error 179
Before we discuss the solutions for fixing the QB error code 179, here are some prerequisites you need to consider –
- Make sure you are not logged into your bank account from any other device, like a phone or a tablet.
- Make sure you are choosing the correct bank and recheck your login credentials before trying to log into your bank’s website.
- Check your connection and ensure stable connectivity to perform the bank login process.
Fixing the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 179 with Effective Solutions
The QuickBooks error 179 can be effectively resolved by following the steps given below –
Step 1 – Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Utility to Mend the Company File Corruption
The first and foremost step is to activate the QuickBooks Tool Hub and utilize the file doctor tool to run a company file and network repair.
- Download and save the exe file at an accessible location and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Now, activate the tool hub by double-clicking on the icon and go to the Company File Issues
- Find the QuickBooks File Doctortool and select it to browse your QB company file.
- Once the file is selected, click on Check your File and Network to initiate the repair process.
- Let the tool stop running, and once done, rerun QuickBooks to check the status of the 179 error code.
Step 2 – Run the Regedit Command to Fix the Windows Registry Errors
Windows registry issues can be an apparent reason for the QB error code 179. To eliminate the issue, run a command in the following manner –
- Open the Windows Startmenu to type Command in the search box and hit Enter.
- Once the black box appears, enter the regeditcommand and search for the error 179 related key.
- Save the key information and create a new file, followed by assigning a name to it.
- Select the regextension and save it on your Desktop, followed by logging into the bank’s website.
- Check if the issue is resolved, and you can log in without any errors, and if not, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Step 3 – Log Out of your Online Banking Account and Check Your Credentials
To perform a fresh login process, you need to log out of your banking account.
- Sign out from your banking account and check the login credentials to ensure that no one else is using the same credentials.
- If that’s the case, make sure all the users have signed out and sign back in with your admin rights.
Step 4 – Clear your Browsing History to Delete Junk Files and Cache
To eliminate the QuickBooks online banking error 179, you need to delete your banking history and remove the cache.
- Open Internet Explorerand tap on the Gear icon to select the Tools
- Select Safetyand choose the Delete Browsing History
- Unmark the Preserve Favorites Website Datacheck box and check the temporary internet files.
- Select Deleteto remove the temp files and folders, and hit OK to end the process.
This troubleshooting step is for Internet Explorer users. If you use Firefox, you need to follow specific steps to delete your browsing history.
Step 5 – Update your Bank Account in QuickBooks from the Tools Option
You need to update your bank account and details in QuickBooks to access your banking data correctly.
- Open QuickBooks Desktopand go to the Tools menu to select the Online Centre
- Select Financial Institutionand press and hold the Ctrl + F3 keys to go back to the top of the online center.
- Click on Contact Infoand refresh your financial institution and profile information.
- Click OKand select Update/Send, followed by entering your password and hitting the Update
- Check if error 179 is resolved and you are able to run the banking data in QuickBooks.
Step 6 – Run a QuickBooks Update and Upgrade the Application to the Latest Release
If none of the above steps work, you can upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop and see if the issue is resolved. For this, you need to go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option. Download the updates from the Update Now window and select Install Now to install the available QB updates.
QuickBooks error 179 is a common banking error which can prevent users from accessing their banking data and statements. The error can be effectively terminated by following the solutions provided in this article. Perform the steps given above, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our technical support team.