The deletion of the OST file is an annoying situation for all users. This blog will show you how to delete the OST file first and how to rebuild the OST file in Microsoft Exchange Server. However, later we will discuss what to do if you get an OST file error. You can figure out the cause and fix the errors found in the OST file.
Steps to remove OST file from Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007
Removing the OST file is very easy once you know its location. Find the Outlook folder, select the OST file and delete it. However, if you don’t know where the OST file is, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook (if running).
- Run Windows or press the Windows key + r.
- Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\ in the Run window and click OK.
Note: – This command will automatically search any Outlook 2021/2019/2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000 .ost file.
- Select the .ost file, right-click and click the delete option or press the delete key.
Steps to rebuild the.OST file in Outlook
After successfully removing the OST file, users do need to rebuild the OST file for Outlook to work properly. This section provides steps to create an OST file in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook 2007 by clicking the File tab and clicking about.
- Click Account Settings and double-click Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Settings popup, click the More Settings button.
- Click the Advanced tab, then click Offline Folder File Settings (in Outlook 2013, click Offline Data File Settings).
- Then specify the path to save the OST file and click OK. The default name of the OST file is Outlook .ost.
- If you receive this error message, click OK. “Could not find you want to create it?”
- Finally, click OK and then click Finish.
Steps to Recreate the OST File in Outlook 2000 and 2003
- First, open Outlook, go to the Tools menu and click on Mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing email accounts, and then click Next.
- Locate the Outlook process e-mail for these accounts in the Order of field, click Microsoft Exchange Server, and then click Change.
- Then click on the More Settings option.
- From the menu, select the Advanced tab and click Offline Folder File Settings.
- In the File box, specify the path where you want to save the OST file and click OK.
- The Default OST file name is Outlook .ost.
- An error message is now displayed as shown below. Just click OK. “Could not find and then click Finish.
Error Detected in Outlook.ost – What Should I Do?
We Recognize the Benefits of OST Files. A big advantage is the ability to work offline without an Exchange server environment. Remove dependencies and make OST files accessible from anywhere. But despite its advantages, it has some flaws that can limit access to the OST file. C Documents and Settings You may receive an error message stating that an error was detected in your Outlook .ost file. First, let us understand the reasons behind the occurrence of OST errors.
An error was detected in Outlook.ost – a possible reason
Microsoft Outlook is very annoying to start. An error message is displayed. Communication processes can be interrupted and serious problems can occur.
1. Sudden Power Outage May Cause OST File Errors
2. Connection Lost During Exchange and Outlook Synchronization
3. File System Errors May Cause Outlook.ost Errors
4. OST File Fails
5. Offline OST File May Be Corrupted by Virus
6. Outlook OST File Is Corrupted and Inaccessible Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
7. OST Error Appears may occur.
About the OST to PST Converter
Delete and Recover Damaged OST Files in MS Outlook works smoothly without any problem on any Mac and Windows Operating System. An app is an advanced tool that not only converts OST files but also keeps them safe. By using this OST to PST Converter for Mac application, users can get the result of their choice. The application will thoroughly scan all OST files and check for corrupted data files. Easy and hassle-free, all OST files are converted to Outlook PST format with accurate conversion every time. All OST files can be added reliably without failure. Moreover, experts have designed the app for beginners to easily manage the conversion of OST files to Outlook PST format.
Working of the tool?
For the working of the Convert OST files to PST app a user needs to follow the below provided steps. Let us have a look at these steps;
- Firstly install this OST to the PST Converter for Mac Application
- Now add the OST files that you need to convert into the PST format
- Check out those selected files by previewing them
- Find out the location where you wish to save the converted OST files
- Hit the “Generate Now” button
Users can easily follow these steps without any kind of hurdle.
This blog guides users on how to delete and Recover Damaged OST files. This is because the location of the OST file is different for all versions of Outlook. Therefore, the procedure for deleting and recreating the OST file is also different. A user can follow any of their chosen method for the conversion of the OST files to PST format.