In the world of accounting software, QuickBooks is considered to be the most trustworthy and effective for accounting professionals. Although the software is well-equipped with the perks and benefits of advanced features and functions, the software may make the users bump into a few errors. QuickBooks error PS038 is one such error that may occur when the user is using the older version of the QuickBooks software. In this piece of write-up, we are going to share quick and simple steps to fix this error effectively.
Are you ending up with frustration instead of productivity due to this error code PS038? Call our QuickBooks experts team at 1-855-856-0042 and let your problems get solved as soon as possible.
How Would You Define QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038?
The QuickBooks payroll error occurs when the user is using an older version of the QuickBooks application. Also, this error may trouble working professionals when installing the latest payroll tax table updates in their QuickBooks application. The QuickBooks error PS038 is easy to tackle by following a few simple troubleshooting methods. Before we proceed to those methods, let’s understand the prominent causes of this payroll update error.
What Are The Prominent Causes Of QB Payroll Update Error PS038?
- The very first and most common reason for this payroll error can be when the user is trying to send paychecks through the online path, and it gets stuck as “Online to send.”
- The damaged company data file of the QuickBooks application is also the reason. And these damaged files can even affect the whole computer system adversely.
- The error can arrive when the user attempts to restore the updated QuickBooks payroll updates and corroborate your QB payroll subscription.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 80040408
Relevant Troubleshooting Methods To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Try To Identify The Stuck Paychecks
- For this, you are required to open and run the QuickBooks application program, then go to the Edit menu and click the Find Button.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab, locate the Choose Filter segment, and there you will see the Detail level, click on the same and follow the next step.
- In this step, click on the Summary option, once again, select the Choose Filter segment, and click the option of Online status under the same.
- You will see the drop-down list there; here, you have to select and click on the Online to Send option.
- After this, give click on the Find button to identify and locate any of the unsent paychecks. If there are any, then the stuck paychecks with “Online to Send” will get appeared on the screen. Now, run the Verify Data tool, and there you end up solving the error.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – By Rebuilding Your Data
After running the Verify Data tool, if you still see the error troubling you, rebuild your company data file. Continue rebuilding; now try to download the latest payroll updates once again. If you still see the error, the next solution is waiting for you.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Fix The Error By Updating Your QuickBooks Software Application
- Open the QuickBooks application and go to the Help menu to choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option. Click on the button, followed by clicking on the Update Now option that you can see at the top-right corner.
- Check the available updates, and select the Get Updates option. Download and install those required updates and verify whether the error got terminated or not. Reach Out To Us Now!
Hopefully, those mentioned above quick and easy methods will help you in solving the QuickBooks error PS038. If the error is still there in the pipe, disturbing you in your daily tasks, dial our 1-855-856-0042 and get professional help.
Read also this blog: QuickBooks Error 6123: A Comprehensive and Reliable Guide