Everyone wants to live and work in Australia since it is a dream country. Several visas exist that enable individuals to start their careers in Australia. One of the visas is a Subclass 191 visa. Continue reading this article to learn more about it.
About 191 Visa
If you have been in Australia for at least three years on a provisional regional visa, this visa is ideal for you. It might be a 491 or a 494 visa. With this 191 visa, you can change from a fixed-term provisional visa to a permanent residency in Australia. You can now work or study anywhere in Australia; you are no longer constrained to local “in-demand” locations. There is a travel component that enables you to travel as often as necessary in the first five years to and from Australia.
With this visa, you are able to seek Australian citizenship, sponsor your family to join Australia with you, and enroll in Medicare.
On November 16, 2019, this new visa will take the place of visas 187 and 489. In addition, between 2019 and 2022, there will be a transitional bridge visa.
Steps for the application process
You must first determine if you qualify for this visa. Do you meet the requirements meet the criteria?
- You must be present in Australia both when you apply and when the visa is issued.
- Organize all of your paperwork. This may include a skills evaluation, English tests, or any other papers demonstrating eligibility.
- Make a visa application. Pay the initial portion of the charge.
- Be patient until the immigration service issues more instructions.
- If they ask for more details, give them as soon as possible. The result will be communicated to you.
- The processing of this visa varies from case to case. Individual processing times change as a result. Therefore, make sure your application contains all necessary documentation for rapid processing, and give prompt attention to any requests for further information.
- The amount of time it takes to process an application also depends on how soon the necessary checks are completed and how quickly external agencies respond.
There are several fundamental requirements for obtaining a 191 visa:
- You must already have type 491 or 494 skilled regional visas (HK passport holders).
- You must have made the required income on that provisional regional visa for at least the previous three years.
- You need to have followed all guidelines for your current visa.
- Moreover, a ranking system will be used. First, single people or spouses who work in a high-demand field are given preference when applying. Second, a companion who speaks English well comes in second for applicants. Third, are applicants with a spouse who does not have competent English or is skilled in a career.
At this time, it is unclear which documents will be needed. For example, they could or might not need:
- An updated certificate of English proficiency
- Proof of good character
- Proof of industry body registration or competence in the role
- A birth certificate, passport, or national identity card serves as identification verification.
- Proof of a name change and, if applicable, a marriage certificate
- A copy of a signed statement of Australian values
- Proof of continued good health
- Paperwork for partners and dependents
Benefits of a Subclass 191 Visa
- Staying in Australia indefinitely.
- Having complete rights to work and study.
- Having access to Australian medicare.
- Having the ability to sponsor relative members’ to come to Australia.
- Travel inside and outside of Australia.
- Applying for citizenship in Australia if the criteria are met.
If you are interested in traveling to Australia, a subclass 191 visa may be the perfect solution for you. Another essential benefit of holding a subclass 191 visa is that it allows you to stay in any city or town in Australia during your visit.