QuickBooks company file consists of the important financial data of a business and provides the user with an approachable option to access all the business information in one single place. QuickBooks Error 6129 can occur anytime while working on the company data and further prevents you from accessing the company file in single-user and multi-user mode. Whenever the user experiences QuickBooks error 6129, 0, the error message that appears on the screen states that QuickBooks cannot verify the connection with the database. This error is triggered by various reasons that we have listed further in this article, along with the different troubleshooting solutions you can use to eliminate the error.
If the simple troubleshooting doesn’t help, we suggest you call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our team of specialists.
What are the Common Causes of QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
Down below, we have mentioned the reasons that trigger error 6129 0 QuickBooks Desktop:
- Third-party antivirus or anti-malware application disturbs QuickBooks background processes that evoke error code 6129, 0.
- The computer in the multi-user mode is not utilizing the latest QuickBooks version causing the error.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager does not have the required permissions or has incorrect folder permissions causing error code 6129 0 QuickBooks.
- If the Windows Registry has invalid entries, it can trigger error code 6129.
- One common reason for the error is a sudden system shutdown due to power failure.
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6129 0 Effectively
There are different troubleshooting that the users can follow to eliminate this error, some of which include switching off the antivirus using safe mode and moving your company file to another location.
Solution 1: Switch the Antivirus Off using Safe Mode to Resolve the Error
QuickBooks error code 6129 can occur when the antivirus application interrupts and hinders the creation of a new company file. Therefore, turning the antivirus off in safe mode is the best solution.
- First, Reboot the system in safe mode the steps to undertake it are:
- Restart your computer, and when the system shows the boot screen, continuously hit the F8 key on your keyboard.
- In case you don’t get the Advanced Boot Options window, restart your computer again and click and hold down the F8 key.
- Once you see the Advanced Boot Options window, tap on the down-arrow key, choose Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- Using the admin account, log in and try opening the company file.
- When the Desktop screen pops up, select the option to disable your antivirus software.
- Then, make a company file while verifying the system is in normal operating mode.
- Reboot the system and open the QuickBooks application and the company file.
- Check if the error appears again or has been resolved and if not, then look into the next troubleshooting step.
A recommended to read article:- Update QuickBooks Company File
Solution 2: Move your QuickBooks Company File to a Different Location on Windows to Rectify Error 6129, 0
Moving your QB company file to another location is another way to help you get rid of this issue; the following are the steps to implement it.
- Copy the company file from the QuickBooks installation folder and create a new folder on your desktop.
- Paste the company file into this newly created folder, then launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Access the company file from this new folder, and if the problem is fixed, it implies that the folder containing the company file is damaged and you need to repair the folder.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above in the article help you eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6129
for the better. If implementing these solutions doesn’t help, we suggest you ring us at +1-855-738-0359 to get assistance from our team of professionals.
Why do I keep getting QuickBooks error 6129?
There are a number of causes for QuickBooks error 6129, including.
- outdated versions of Windows or QuickBooks.
- Insufficient permissions to allow the application to function properly.
- a domain mismatch between the client and server.
- network data files in bad shape. These are only a handful of the numerous explanations that lead to QB error 6129.
How to Tell QB Error 6129 Apart from Other Errors?
The following problems will arise if QB error 6129 is present on your system:
- The code will appear in an error message that appears on the screen.
- Windows apps in use might crash.
- Screen responses to mouse or keyboard actions are sluggish.
- Your computer can begin to freeze periodically.