QuickBooks is a credible accounting software currently overseeing finance for numerous businesses around the world. The services of this software are dependable, and the data security it provides is extraordinary. All the financial transactions are recorded in real-time and stored in the cloud. Unfortunately, random errors in the software are common while working on it. A QuickBooks Company File Not Found message pops up on the screen while opening the data file when the software fails to establish a connection with the file. If you also faced this error in QuickBooks, this blog is crucial for understanding the troubleshooting procedure.
Get assistance from a support team in fixing this issue, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact QB professionals.
About the issue
This issue can be related to the company files in QuickBooks. When you try to access a file, the software fetches it in its specified location. If the file is not found or is in an unreadable format, an error message comes up on your screen notifying the company file is not found and QuickBooks needs to close. This error mainly occurs if the company file is located in an external drive or a network your QuickBooks is not connected to. So, you’ll have to fix this error to work on your company file again.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
Some reasons that can be responsible for the occurrence of this error in QuickBooks-
- QuickBooks is unable to access the folder in which the company file is located.
- The company file has been damaged by a malware attack on your system and is now not supported in QuickBooks.
- The company file is stored on an external drive that is not connected to your system.
The methods to get rid of this error are mentioned underneath-
Solution 1- Use the QuickBooks Tool hub
There are many minor issues in the software that can cause errors in the software. The first approach to tackle these issues is the QuickBooks Tool hub. It consists of many effective tools against these issues and helps the user fix them. You should always use the latest version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer. Follow the steps given below in the same order if you have already installed it-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub option that you can see on your screen and click on Company file issues.
- Tap Quick fix my file and wait for the process to finish.
- Click on Company file issuesagain and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Select your company file from the list or locate it using Browse.
- Mark the Check your fileoption and enter your QB Admin password to run the tool.
- Retry opening your company file after the tool has finished the repair.
If the issues are still present, try the steps given below
Use the Quick Fix my program tool for instant troubleshooting
Follow the steps below to repair your software-
- Click on Program Problemsin the QuickBooks Tool hub and select Quick fix my program.
- Wait for the tool to finish and reopen QuickBooks.
You must also verify that the external drive containing the company file is connected to the system.
This is the end of our blog, which helps you understand the reasons for the QuickBooks Company File Not Found issue on your computer. The procedures to tackle this issue are also present in the blog, and we hope this error is fixed in your QuickBooks now.
If any issues still bother you, resolve them with the help of a QB support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read this blog: Measures you can take to eradicate QuickBooks Display Issues