.In this advanced accounting era, the QuickBooks application program has already settled its authority. With the effortless and easy user interface, functions, and features to meet all the QuickBooks payroll requirements, small to mid-sized and mid-sized to large businesses can make the best of the QuickBooks application. Now, as you run the software for your accounting operations, the QuickBooks program may shut down, or you may notice that the QuickBooks keeps crashing.
Eventually, as a result, your accounting tasks halt, and the unsaved operation gets vanishes at times. It isn’t a complicated formula to learn how huge it can cost you and your business and to stay away from such incidents; we have come up with this article. Continue reading and solve the error.
We will explain the issues why your QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly and the ways to fix them easily and successfully. You can also simply ring our support team at 1-855-856-0042 and avoid the loss of your integral business accounting data.
Potential Reasons Why Your QuickBooks Application Keeps Crashing
- The QBWUSER.INI file is an important file that is a requirement for QuickBooks users to run the application. If these files are corrupted or damaged completely, then there are chances of facing the QuickBooks crashing error.
- The corruption in your hard drive is another root cause for the QuickBooks Desktop keeps crashing error. Also, the QuickBooks Desktop installation or the damaged company file can give rise to this error.
- The corrupted or damaged files of the Windows operating system on which you are working are also the reason for the crashing of the QuickBooks application.
Scenarios When The QuickBooks Unexpectedly Closes Error Occur
- While casually running the application or working randomly on your business invoices or sales orders, the QuickBooks application program may close without throwing any warning on the screen. As a corrective measure, you need to make sure that you shut down the first invoice or the current sales report before moving to another one. The QuickBooks application can easily manage a few sales reports simultaneously, but if you open many, it may struggle to function effectively.
- The growth or increase in the workload of different sales reports operating altogether can result in the QuickBooks application shutting down without any warning or notification.
- The QuickBooks application users may witness or encounter the error when their QuickBooks closes while sending or mailing a huge sales report.
- The QuickBooks keeps crashingerror may also occur while running the application or working with a sales report or several other QuickBooks centers.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 12157
How To Fix The QuickBooks Crashing Error Successfully?
Troubleshooting Way 1. – Use The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool To Settle The QuickBooks Crashing Issue
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then open the same to check the Program problems.
- Now, in this step, you have to click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and start running the tool to solve the issue.
- Finally, restart your system to move ahead with a fresh start and check whether the glitch has been solved or not.
Troubleshooting .Way 2 – Get The Updated QuickBooks Desktop Software
- First, find and give right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop tab that you can see on your Windows Desktop, followed by selecting the Run as Administrator option.
- When you get the window prompted, you are required to enter the admin QuickBooks user account’s login credentials. Press the Enter key and continue further.
- Now, head towards the Help option and then click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option. After this, you will get the QuickBooks Update window prompt.
- In this step, go to the Update Now option and then give a click on the Get Updates option to get the QuickBooks prompt to further download the latest updates released by the official website of Intuit.
- Next, you have to install the downloaded updates of the QuickBooks application. After this, you are required to restart the QuickBooks application program, and it will request from you for your confirmation to install the QuickBooks updates.
- Now, click on the Install Updates tab, and your QuickBooks application will get updated to the latest release as soon as the QuickBooks updates are installed.
- In the end, you are required to retry to perform the same strategy that caused the error earlier and alter if your problems have been fixed.
Troubleshooting Way 3. – Select The Rename Option To Change The Name Of The QBWUSER.ini File
If the QBWUSER.ini file is the crook for the QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly error, then renaming this missing or damaged QBWUSER.ini file can support it. Start this troubleshooting solution as follows:
- Firstly, go to the folder where you have stored the QBWUSER.ini file. But, if the folder isn’t available, try to consider allowing the hidden folders to access and view it.
- Here, give right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file that will give you an alternative to rename. You are required to add .old at the end of the QBWUSER.ini file name and also alter the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file name. After changing this, the QBWUSER.ini file will view like this- QBWUSER.ini.old.
- In the end, finish the process by restarting the QuickBooks application and utilizing it for a while to check whether the QuickBooks Desktop Unexpectedly Closes Error exists or not.
Troubleshooting Way 4 – Try To Initiate The QuickBooks Desktop Application Suppressing
Any threat or damage to the QuickBooks company data file can result in QuickBooks closing suddenly without warning. But, if you want to check whether the problem is with the QuickBooks application or the company data file, then try to open the previous QB company data file.
Now press and hold the CTRL key of your keyboard and give a double-click on the QB Desktop software icon that can help in this troubleshooting procedure. Make sure that you do not leave the CTRL key until the ‘No Company Open’ window prompt appears on your screen. But, you may also face the QuickBooks software freezing or QuickBooks Desktop Closes Unexpectedly error.
In the end, finish the procedure by choosing the QB company data file and selecting the option that comes as Open for results.
Troubleshooting Way 5 – Settle The Error By Updating Your QB Desktop Software Application
- Start your QuickBooks workstations first and then try to open your QuickBooks application program and then open the QB company data files again. Use the application and data files for a while to make sure the application doesn’t shut down again.
- Now, if the QB Desktop software encounters installation problems, verify and try to solve them again. The error settles down when the QuickBooks Desktop software installs on your computer system successfully and starts without any glitches or interruptions.
The Ending Notes!
Hopefully, this article has helped you in solving the QuickBooks keeps crashing error. Still, if you are not able to fix this tiresome error, then let us know. Call us at 1-855-856-0042, and we will be there to help you fix the glitch successfully.
Also read this blog: Measures you can take to eradicate QuickBooks Display Issues