Are you ready to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop? Well, this procedure will require a lot of technology migration. Therefore, you better take a look at this blog post and consider some integral steps and tools. The conversion may invite a few bugs and errors. That’s why we have covered the easy and quick solutions to fix the error. Let’s continue and take a deep look into the errors and their instant solutions.
To learn more about this conversion process and take help from our professional and qualified QuickBooks experts, dial 1.855.738.2784. We are here to assist you with complete QuickBooks wisdom.
Even though QuickBooks online has contributed and continued to evolve in the accounting industry for years, business people are considering QuickBooks Desktop as a feature-rich, robust, and premium choice. Let’s continue and learn how to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop with error-fixing solutions.
Errors And Issues While Converting QBO to Desktop
- When you couldn’t access the “Export Data” option.
- When your QuickBooks Online Simple Start date is ready to download with a task file, but you see no such task list shown in the account
- If you don’t see the prompt in the Download data process with the “Convert Now” button, it’s an issue. The page will let you accept a security certificate prompt automatically. But no results like this, even after manual attempts.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Crashes When OPening Company File
Quick And Easy Solutions To Fix Issues With QBO to Desktop Conversion
Solution 1 – To get the “Export Data” option
Step 1 – Log into your QuickBooks Online account in IE.
Step 2 – Replace “/app/homepage” with “/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt” in the URL bar and press Enter.
Step 3 – This will head you to the Export Data page.
Solution 2 – To access the task list.
Step 1 – Log into your QuickBooks Online account in IE and replace “/app/homepage” with “/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt” in the URL.
Step 2 – Press Enter
Step 3 – Head to the Export Data page.
Step 4 – Export the data again, and you will see the Download the file option.
Step 5 – Get the task list downloaded file.
Read also – QuickBooks Error 15243 root causes and solutions
Solution 3 – To get the security certificate and “Convert Now” prompt
Step 1 – Close both IE and QB Desktop programs
Step 2 – Continue and right-click the IE shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.”
Step 3 – Repeat the procedure for QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 4 – Perform the downloading of the backup file and converting procedure again.
Steps to Convert QBO to QBD
- Go to the Settings tab and choose the option Export Data in QBO.
- Click Continue after downloading the QBO data file.
- Now, Launch the QuickBooks Desktop page.
- Review the downloaded and opened file.
- Select to close the company option.
- After this, save the company file by updating its location.
- Ensure the location doesn’t match from Windows Desktop.
- Proceed to the Convert Now tab after this.
- You will see the option “Create a new QuickBooks File,” open this downloaded file and save it.
- In the next window, name the downloaded file and prefer a location to save that file. (Note: Do not choose
- an external network or drive but select a local system location.)
- Finally, convert QBO to QBD by clicking on the Finish option.
The Final Words!
Hope this blog post will help you convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop with no more glitches and errors. Perform the effective solutions mentioned above if in case you find the error and continue with your seamless financial workflow. If you still get issues with the conversion process, feel free to contact us at 1.855.738.2784. Our team of QuickBooks experts will be there to help you.
You may read also – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177 Permanently