Content marketing can come in the form of social media posts, corporate blog articles, website texts, but there are always new formats and emerging channels to watch for if you want to achieve your goals.
In this second article of the series with trends and insights dedicated to digital content, we offer you some statistics collected by HubSpot.
Statistics to know about b2b content marketing
According to Wikipedia page creator, Content marketing is a process that involves the definition, planning, creation and sharing of content intended for the target audience.
The benefits that can be obtained range from increasing brand awareness to lead generation, from engaging contacts to converting them into customers, with an impact on turnover.
HubSpot ‘s report The State of Content Marketing has always been a point of reference for professionals, whether it’s a content agency or a b2b company with an internal marketing team.
Here are some insights!
- 90% of companies that had an active content marketing strategy at the end of 2021 invested the same budget for 2022 activities
- 66% of marketers expect to see their budget for content activities increase over the previous year [source: Content marketing Institute]
- More than 60%of insiders measure the success of the content strategy based on the impact on sales.
- 69%of marketers invested in SEO over the course of 2021, a 5 % increase over 2020
- 40%of the participants in the report will increase the budget for virtual or hybrid events (webinars or conferences) in the course of 2022
- 45%of content marketers use the infographic format, while 38 % plan to start using it
- 56%of those who publish infographics indicate them as the most effective format for their marketing content
- 52%of marketers plan to invest the same resources as last year to make infographics, while 38% plan to increase the budget available for this format
- 83%of insiders intend to adopt a more strategic approach to SEO, moving from technical optimization to a more effective use of keywords in content, to position them by meeting the real search intentions of users and creating, therefore, unique and valuable pages.
- 64 %of respondents plan to focus on mobile optimization, internal and external links
- 89%of marketers intend to invest the same budget (or increase it) for the production of video content
- The number of videos viewed online by each person each week nearly doubled from 2018 to 2021, reaching 18 hours per week according to data from Wistia.
- Video is the format most used by HubSpot report participants in 2021 content strategies
The top 4 of the most used formats are:
- articles on the blog
The most popular tools in b2b companies to do content marketing are analytics tools, platforms for automatic sharing on social media and email marketing software.
Unless stated, the source of the statistics collected in this article is The State of Content Marketing Report.
The main objectives of content strategies in b2b companies are: brand awareness, increase in sales and customer engagement. The challenges to overcome concern the ability to create content that generates leads, to find ideas for new materials and the ideal format for your target.
Video marketing is an excellent way to promote your business. It allows you to connect with your audience and build a relationship with them. It is also a great way to increase brand awareness and create an engaging and entertaining experience for your viewers.
2. Articles On The Blog
There are many different articles on the blog. You can find articles on anything from current events to tips on how to improve your blog. If you are looking for something specific, you can use the search bar to find it. You can also browse by category.
Images can be a very effective way to promote content. They can help to break up text and make it more visually appealing. Additionally, images can help to convey a message or promote a call to action. When used effectively, images can be a powerful tool for content promotion.
Infographics are a great way to promote content because they are visually appealing and can be easily shared on social media. When creating an infographic, be sure to include a call–to–action so that viewers know what to do with the information they are seeing. For example, you could include a link to a blog post or website where they can learn more.