Do you know what is Umrah? Are you aware of the reasons why should you perform Umrah? When you plan to do a task then you must have a piece of complete knowledge about the task. Similarly, if you have the plan to perform Umrah this year then you must have complete knowledge regarding Umrah and its whole process. To perform Umrah, you have to make a pilgrimage toward Mecca to make a minor pilgrimage.
Annual Hajj is a larger gathering while Umrah is a minor gathering. Umrah is the word in the Arabic language and Arabic, and it means to visit a populated place. In this way, Mecca is a populated place and the reason to visit this populated place is to perform Umrah. Muslims refresh their faith by getting an opportunity to perform Umrah. We seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty. Avail the opportunity of Budget Umrah packages from Rehmantours.
What Are The Main Differences Between Hajj And Umrah?
Hajj and Umrah are the two sacred pilgrimages. There are some differences between these two sacred pilgrimages, Hajj and Umrah. Let us put a glance at these differences.
- Hajj is compulsory for Muslims at least once in their lifetime while Umrah is voluntary and it is a recommendation for Muslims. It is compulsory for those who have the physical capability and stability to perform it.
- Hajj is among the five pillars of Islam while Umrah is not included in the five pillars of Islam. Muslims have to perform Umrah once in a lifetime while it is not compulsory to perform.
- There is a time fixed for the performance of Hajj. You can perform it only in the month of Dhul-Hijjah and no other month is valid for the performance of Umrah. On the other hand, you can perform Umrah at any month of the year. You are not restricted in time to perform the Umrah journey.
- Another difference between Hajj and Umrah journeys is that you can complete the Umrah journey in just a few hours but it requires a lot of time to perform the Hajj pilgrimage. You have to stay busy for several days to perform Hajj. Avail the budget Umrah packages for the performance of Umrah.
- More than two million people perform Hajj throughout the whole year because Muslims from 188 countries visit Mecca for the performance of the Hajj pilgrimage. On the other hand, for the performance of the Umrah journey, several million people come because you can perform it at any time of the year.
- The main and focal point of both Hajj and Umrah journeys is the Holy Kaaba. Pilgrims have to take seven rounds of the Holy Kaaba.
How Can Pilgrims Travel Perform Umrah Journey?
The people who want to perform Umrah need to apply for the Umrah Visa. The Visa process will be completed with the help of the travel agencies. This Umrah Visa is valid for one month. Pilgrims have to travel by plane to reach Saudi Arabia for the performance of the Umrah journey. There are no special documents for the people living in Saudi Arabia. They can visit Mecca anytime to perform the Umrah journey. You can get budget Umrah packages from Rehmantours at any time to perform the Umrah pilgrimage.
There are no restrictions on age for the performance of the Umrah journey. People of any age can perform Umrah at any time of the year. Women who are less than 45 years old need a Mahram for the performance of the Umrah journey. While those who are above this age can perform Umrah without Mahram. She can perform it with a group of people going to perform the Umrah pilgrimage.
When Can Pilgrims Go On Umrah?
Umrah is a sacred journey with which there are no time restrictions. Muslims have this opportunity they can perform Umrah at any time of the year. In the month of Dhul-Hijjah, you cannot perform Umrah. It is because this is the only month for the performance of the Hajj pilgrimage. Muslims perform the obligation of Hajj this month. That’s why one cannot perform Umrah this month.
Many people love to perform Umrah in the Holy month of Ramadan. It is the best time of the year to perform the Umrah journey. If we look at the Islamic calendar then Ramadan has the highest priority for the performance of the Umrah journey. Other than Ramadan z the months of Rajab and Safar are also considered sacred for the performance of the Umrah journey.
Winter season can be a good time for the Umrah journey. There are many reasons among which pleasant climate is on the top due to which this season is more preferable. Take advantage of the budget Umrah packages and perform the Umrah pilgrimage.
Rules For Umrah
Yes, of course, Allah Almighty has fixed some rules and regulations for the performance of this sacred journey.
- Ihram is the spiritual state in which pilgrims have to stay refrain from hurting anyone even humans or animals. You have to avoid quarreling and cursing. This state is so much sacred that you cannot even kill an insect. If you kill it then you will break your state of Ihram.
- The pilgrims performing the Umrah pilgrimage cannot cut or trim their hair until they complete the rituals of the Umrah journey. After completing the rituals they have to perform Halq and Taqsir in which they cut and trim their hair respectively.
Make sure that you follow all the rules and restrictions fixed by Allah Almighty in the performance of the Umrah journey. Avail of cheap umrah packages with flights to fulfill your dreams of the Umrah journey.
What Is The Dress For Umrah?
Pilgrims have to wear Ihram as Umrah clothing. They enter Masjid e Ayesha for entering the state of Ihram. All pilgrims wear the same clothing during the Umrah journey. This same clothing signifies the unity and equality of all Muslims. Men have to wear a white two pieces sheet in which one of their shoulders is naked. On the other hand, women can wear casual dresses for the performance of the Umrah journey.
Mostly, women prefer abaya for Ihram clothing. It is because they have to wear clothes in which all of their body must be covered completely except their hand and face. The head of the men should be uncovered while performing the Umrah journey. On the other hand, women’s heads must be covered completely.
Moreover, wearing Ihram clothing is the dream of every Muslim. Fulfill your dreams by knowing how much is Umrah.
How Do Pilgrims Perform Umrah?
There are four rituals of Umrah that pilgrims have to perform for the successful Umrah journey.
- First of all, you have to make Niyyah while walking towards the Holy Kaaba. Pilgrims recite Talbiyah for announcing that they have arrived at the Holy Kaaba for the performance of the Umrah journey and state the oneness of Allah Almighty.
- The next step is to undertake Tawaf. It is the second ritual of Umrah you have to make rounds of the Holy Kaaba in an anticlockwise direction. In each round, you have to kiss the Black Stone by hand or by pointing towards it.
- After that, you have to offer Salat near the station Ibrahim.
- The third ritual is to perform Sai. It includes the seven laps in between the hills of Safa and Marwa.
- Lastly, pilgrims perform Halq and Taqsir. Halq is for men in which there is complete shaving of the head while Taqsir is for women in which there is the trimming of hair equal to the fingertip.
Perform the rituals of Umrah by availing of the budget Umrah packages by Rehmantours.
In short, this minor pilgrimage is a recommendation for every Muslim to perform. They keenly complete their Umrah rituals. After reading this article, you will completely get all information about your Umrah journey. In last, must avail of the Umrah packages of Rehmantours.