Yahoo is one of the earliest-used applications. Many people all over the world are still using Yahoo Mail which facilitates contact & communication between colleagues & friends.
We have numerous contacts from various sources like Gmail, iCloud, Facebook, etc. Sometimes, one needs to change the email application to Yahoo and wants to know the process of importing contacts to Yahoo Mail. One emerging query at present among users is how to import a contact list from a CSV data file to Yahoo Mail.
Hence, in this write-up, we will explain to you an easy process to import a contact list from CSV to Yahoo Mail.
Methods to Import Contact List to Yahoo from CSV file
If you want to transfer contacts from any email clients to Yahoo, then you have to export all address books into a list that is saved in .csv or .vcf file format. Remember that the maximum size that you can import in Yahoo Mail is 5 MB. Let us have a complete procedure by which one can import contacts from CSV data files to Yahoo Mail.
Method 1. Upload CSV file contacts in Yahoo
- Firstly, open a Yahoo account from where you want to import the address book.
- Login to your Yahoo account with valid login credentials
- Now, go to the Yahoo Mail Contacts option.
- Pick the File Upload option and click on the Import button
- Here, click on the Import option, it will ask to upload the CSV Contacts file
- Choose desired contacts and upload them
- Finally, all address book data is imported into your Yahoo Mail account
Now, you can access contacts saved in CSV files through your Yahoo Mail account.
Not only from CSV files but can you also move address books from Outlook, Facebook & Google to Yahoo Mail?
Method 2. Import Facebook contact list to Yahoo account
- Open your Yahoo account with login details. Click on the Contacts option from the left side
- Now, choose all contacts and just click on the Import Contacts button
- You will see multiple options here
- You have to go with the Facebook option and log in to your Facebook account with your id & password
- Once the Facebook account will open, it will display “Yahoo! Contact Importer will get your public profile and friend list.”
- Now, hit the Continue button to import all Facebook contacts into Yahoo Mail.
Method 3. Import Address Book from Outlook to Yahoo Mail
To import Outlook account contacts to Yahoo Mail, the steps are as follows:
- Pick the MS Outlook option from the displayed list and hit the Import
- This will ask for login credentials for an Outlook account.
- Once you provide Outlook credentials and log in, this will ask you to use your Yahoo Mail account
- Finally, access Outlook contacts in Yahoo Mail.
Method 4. Transfer Google Contacts to Yahoo Mail
- Pick the Google option and then hit the Import button
- This will ask you to log in to your Gmail account
- Enter the Gmail account login id and password
- After login into Gmail, a pop-up will appear to ask for using a Yahoo account.
- Finally, the Gmail address book is successfully imported into the Yahoo Mail account.
This is all about the methods to move the contact list from a CSV file to Yahoo Mail. But if you don’t have contacts in CSV file format and they are in Excel file then by using GainTools Address Book Manager Tool, you can convert contacts from Excel file to CSV file to open in Yahoo Mail.
Benefits of choosing this software:
- Direct and safe conversion of all contacts without losing any data item
- Consider any heavy Excel file to export contacts into a CSV file
- Error-free conversion without losing contact attributes
- Independent utility to use by all users without any complications
- Free demo for everyone to check efficiency before buying it
Through this article, we have guided users to import CSV file contacts to Yahoo Mail. The entire process is described in a precise manner. You can follow these steps and open the CSV file contact list to your Yahoo Mail account. I hope this article has been proved fruitful for you.