QuickBooks Error 1904 emerges at the time of QuickBooks Desktop installation on the computer, and multiple factors such as improper Windows user settings and corrupt Windows components are responsible for its occurrence.
Since this error prevents QB users from installing the QB Desktop application, it is often more annoying than other technical issues, and it is important to rectify it swiftly.
Some of the easiest & verified methods to rectify this error have been explained thoroughly in this blog.
Are you looking for prompt technical help to resolve QuickBooks Error 1904? Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
QuickBooks Installation Error Code 1904: Main Reasons
The QuickBooks Installation Error Code 1904 mostly occurs due to the reasons mentioned below:
- Not utilizing a Windows admin user account while installing QB Desktop and imperfect Windows components trigger this error.
- Interference due to certain security applications like antivirus applications& Windows firewalls can also provoke QB Error 1904.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Resolve Installation Error Message 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop through These Methods
The Installation Error Message 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop can be fully resolved through the methods mentioned below:
Method 1: Correctly operate the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to fully weed out all the installation glitches
- Firstly, ensure that you reach the official Intuit website, and then you have to download the newest edition of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer, after which you shall go to the exact location where the tool hub file has got saved on the system.
- After reaching that location, you just have to open up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file so that you can view & follow the correct step-wise process for the QB Tool Hub installation.
- Now, when you complete the entire process, the QB Tool Hub will get successfully installed, after which you can double-click on its icon to open it up.
- Thereafter, locate the ‘Installation Issues’ tab inside the QB Tool Hub, and once you click on it, you will be able to view & tap the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ icon.
- Immediately after that, the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ will commence its execution to ensure the full elimination of all the installation problems.
- After the complete eradication of all the installation problems has taken place, you can go ahead to reboot your system, and then you can install the QB Desktop application easily.
Method 2: Correctly log into the Windows admin user account and edit the user settings to extirpate this installation problem
- Immediately after launching the ‘Start’ menu on the Windows Desktop, you only need to type ‘cmd’ in the search box and then identify & right-click on the ‘cmd’ icon on the screen to promptly select the ‘Run as administrator’ option as this will open the command window in admin mode.
- Thereafter, carefully type ‘net user administrator /active: yes’ in the on-screen command window and then hit the ‘Enter’ key to finally move out of this window.
- At this step, again strike the ‘Start’ menu to choose the ‘Sign Out’ option, after which you can easily log into the ‘Administrator’ account and then move straightaway to the ‘Program Files’ folder present inside the C: drive.
- After that, locate the ‘Common Files’ folder to right-click on it and then hit the ‘Properties’ option to reach the ‘Security’ tab on the ‘Properties’ window.
- Now, hit the ‘Edit’ button and then choose the ‘Users’ option to easily mark the ‘Allow’ checkbox for the ‘Modify’, ‘Read’ , Write’ and ‘Read & Execute’ options, after which you can tap the ‘OK’ button to finally make changes to the user settings.
- In this final step, you can successfully install the QB application while using the Windows admin user account.
These step-wise methods are sufficient to resolve QuickBooks Error 1904. For more technical help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 15271