Investing in a new liquor store point of sale software for your store must be the best decision for both you and the business. We’ve selected eight of the most frequent questions before purchasing to help you construct a list of questions to ask yourself and your sales person.
How much does it cost?
This is the most typical inquiry when purchasing any goods. Although it is a crucial consideration for budgeting, keep in mind everything you receive from the system. When it comes to cost, here is a list of popular questions to ask:
- Hardware Price
- Support Price
- Upgrade Price
- Fees for maintenance
- Is there a business arrangement?
Does it include all of the features I require?
Make a list of the features you’ll need to manage your store efficiently and effectively. Make a list of these questions for your representative to answer. Here are some frequently asked questions:
- What reports are accessible, and what reports are you interested in seeing?
- Can they tailor the desired report if they don’t have it?
- Are they ready for omnichannel?
- Alternatively, can you communicate data from your POS to your website or an app?
- Do they have the ability to verify age?
- Can you gain remote access to the system?
- Are they set up for multi-location functionality if you’re thinking about (or have) more than one location?
How is inventory managed?
Find a solution that can assist you in managing your inventory the way you envision it. Ask your sales associate how inventory is managed in their system and why if you are unsure how you would like to manage it. The why can help you determine the best course of action if you are not already managing the inventory.
- How is the system used to manage the inventory?
- Do you have to manage your singles, packs, and cases as separate items, or can you manage them as a single item?
- Can you handle your vintages and seasonal beers separately?
How does it improve the customer’s shopping experience?
You need a modern liquor store POS system that is both reliable and simple to use. With your new system, your consumers need to have a better experience rather than a worse one.
- Does the system have a feature for managing client relationships?
- Can your staff efficiently and promptly check out customers?
- Do your personnel have access to the POS to respond to consumer inquiries like “How many Absolutes are in stock?” or “What kind of vodka do you have?”
You may learn more about them as a business and your service provider by asking them these questions. Today, it’s critical to establish a relationship with a business that respects your business and will look out for you. You can figure that out with the help of these queries.
You will be on the right track to getting the best point-of-sale software for your liquor store by assessing your point-of-sale software demands and posing questions in advance.
Don’t just think about the cost when choosing liquor store POS software. Make sure to ask yourself whether the software includes all the features you need and how it will improve your customers’ shopping experience. An All-in-one POS system is an excellent option because it’s affordable and has all the features you need to run your business.